• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Checklists

No wonder I see so many motorcycles pulling trailers out on the roads lately. Gee whiz, to pack everything on the list you need one.

On our two day trip last weekend, my friend Matt packed his bike with whatever he could put in ziplocks and stow under the seat. That made for some light packing...

On our two day trip last weekend, my friend Matt packed his bike with whatever he could put in ziplocks and stow under the seat. That made for some light packing...

Did he wear his change of clothes underneath what he was already wearing? ;)

I went to Italy last October with very little luggage,
3 x Tilley Boxers-wash and wear, 4 UK Army coolmax t shirts, 2 x 5.11 Stryker pants, 1 pair Meindl Shoes, 1 x Ulfrotte wool jacket, 5 x Bridgedale coolmax socks, wash kit and camping towels-and plenty of Money....it was very comfortable travelling with very little luggage.

Did he wear his change of clothes underneath what he was already wearing? ;)

No, it was just the one night in a hotel, not camping, and both days were long days on the bikes with no evening entertainment planned so all he brought was basic toiletries and minimal change of clothes.

I have learned to bike travel with at most three sets of clothing and wash out one or two sets as needed to always have a clean set for tomorrow. Caveat being I don't travel more than a week at a time in temperate climates. Jeans and sweats take up too much room and take forever to air dry so they stay at home. Lightweight man made fiber and micro fiber items pack light and small and layered up in twos or threes are warmer than heavy cotton clothing. Covered with a fleece top or electric jacket liner I am going to be as warm as I need to be whether on a motorcycle or after hours.

I learned from an old timer to sort out everything in three piles when I got home from a trip. One pile was used on the trip. One pile wasn't used on the trip but might be used the next time. The third pile wasn't used, wasn't likely to be used, or in the unlikely event it was going to be needed could be readily purchased on the road. Only pack the first and second pile items next time. In time one finds out how little is really needed for extended motocamping much less credit card touring.

Back