• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

CBR600 Shock

Wonder why you chose 45mm rider sag? What was your free sag?

I have it noted somewhere but cannot remember by heart.

It is a good balance for me between comfort and handling.

A vague rule of thumb is that 30-35mm for track and 40-45mm for road usage, but do take it with a grain of salt.

What is your view?

well she finally has gotten to ride with it. she loves it. the feel and the bike being lower for her. now for a fork kit. any recommendations?

I've just spotted this thread.

I've just Fitted a Nitron rear shock that I picked up ebay for a bargain price. The shock had been fitted to a CBR600. The length and fittings are idential to the shock on my 750x.

The improvement is dramatic with the bike feeling much more balanced between front and rear. very pleased would be an understatment.

The shock
NitronShock_zps3ff314de.jpg

In situ

Nitron rear.jpg

I just need to mount the remote reservoir properly

Right side.jpg

I have it noted somewhere but cannot remember by heart.

It is a good balance for me between comfort and handling.

A vague rule of thumb is that 30-35mm for track and 40-45mm for road usage, but do take it with a grain of salt.

What is your view?

I'm currently running 38 and like it. Nice comfy ride even with my 175lb mass.

Good find! Would it be tough to find one?

I don't mean to hijack or derail the thread, let me know if you want me to shaddap or not ;)

I am very satisfied with mine, despite the fact that it cost an arm, a leg, and mortally wounded my Visa card lol :eek:

To each their own, I am just as happy for others who have discovered much cheaper alternative shocks that work awesome, or clever finds that have saved them much moolah, through due diligence, and searching for the best application for their needs and budget! :D

Here are a few items I found when I poked through the web in my initial quest, I leave it others to say yay or nay on their choices and opinions. :)

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-...cks-list-available-brands-models-costs-5.html

I haven't updated the list or tweaked it to allow for changes in prices or availabilities, etc., so take that into account.

Does it have a single adjustment for both rebound and compression? Or individual?

Old thread but I had to wake it up.
I just bought this CBR600 shock and have some questions I couldn't find the answers to in this thread.
First, the pictures:

Now my question(s):
Where are you guys mounting the reservoir?
How are you mounting it?
Which way is it suppose to be mounted? i.e. with the adjustment screw up or down?
I have plenty of hose to work with. Could be a good thing?

Attachments

• 20150718_194537.jpg
    20150718_194537.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 223
  • 20150718_194551.jpg
    20150718_194551.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 222
  • 20150718_194708.jpg
    20150718_194708.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 222
Yeah, this thread picked up where the "NC shock measurements please" thread left off.

I hose clamped mine to the frame with some rubber to pad things. I put it near the right passenger peg.
096d4bf7783cc336c0a81c93228f65c9.jpg

Like this, but with rubber strips protecting the frame tube. Stole this pic from the other thread.

The Tuono has adjustable preload, but maybe he had all the preload he could get and it was still too undersprung?

Preload has no affect on spring rate. If it is undersprung it is undersprung no matter how much preload you have. A 100 lb spring requires 100 lbs to compress it one inch. If you put a half inch of preload on the spring it still requires 100 lbs to compress the spring the same one inch. The spring just doesn't start to compress until the preload is overcome.

After reading this thread there seems that there is not a good understanding about spring rates, preload and what it does. Also damping adjustments can not adequately compensate for incorrect spring rates. When setting up your suspension the spring rate comes first. Then you can adjust the damping. Preload is for ride height, harshness at low speeds and to some extent how quickly the bike will turn. PRELOAD DOES NOT MAKE A SPRING STIFFER OR SOFTER.

Last edited:
There is another option to making your spring stiffer. You can shorten the spring and add a spacer. The number of active coils is reduced but the stroke remains the same making the spring rate stiffer. You need to be handy with a torch and a grinder. I have the formulas here somewhere. We used to do this with dirt bikes in the old days. Many of the aftermarket fork springs are this way. You receive a shorter spring with a longer spacer.

Back