• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

CBR600 Shock

Oh, got it from Racetech They're website is not the best, called them up at 951.279.6655. Paid $146 with shipping. Still need to try it out on a real ride, but initial impressions are good.

So, did a bit of twisties, a bit of washboard freeway, a wee bit of dirt road today. Definitely a noticeable improvement. Less bouncy, more firm, without added harshness.

ordered one . should be here any day. paid 45 with shipping but got one with low miles and clean. ill lower the forks to level the bike. has any one done that ? how much did you have to lower them?

. ill lower the forks to level the bike. has any one done that ? how much did you have to lower them?

I would measure the max extension and the ride height of the rear axle, before and after you install your new to you shock. If your bike sits a half an inch lower, then start by lowering your forks the same amount. Keep in mind that you need to lower the forks slightly more because they are on an angle. Then you must remove the fork caps so that you can fully compress the forks to make sure every thing clears when turned lock to lock. You should be Ok, as the 700S has one inch less travel than the X and uses all the same components, with shorter tubes.

Test ride to see how the turn in feels, and then do some "wobble" tests if you can.

glad I spent the little extra and got a newer shock .looks almost new. its a gift to my girl friend for x mas. ill update when I install it. thanks everyone for the help.

installed the shock today it kicks me out of the seat on bumps .changed the clickers around. the preload is on one would more preload fix this?

installed the shock today it kicks me out of the seat on bumps .changed the clickers around. the preload is on one would more preload fix this?

Preload will fix how much it sags when you sit on it. If that's a very low number (like 10mm), yes it will bounce you around.

The more direct culprit is the rebound adjustment. You want more rebound damping (clockwise). That will slow down (or dampen) the rate that the spring returns to its preload setting after it hits a bump. In laymens terms, it determines the speed the seat comes back up to hit you in the butt.

what tool did you use to adjust the preload? I used to have a bunch of them but not any more.

I made one from a pattern a buddy had for his sled. Works on my sled and the NC. I've never been a fan of the screwdriver and hammer method. Right tool for the right job.

0444-141a.jpg

Last edited:
It does fit with the CBR600 shock. I haven't tried it on the stock shock. The CBR600 shock has a ramped adjuster on the bottom rather than a threaded collar on top, so I up the preload if I ride 2up or load the bike down.

The time came to report my findings with the CBR600 rear shock. First and foremost what I have done to my NC is install the shock as well as a 25mm jack up kit.

My weight is 80kg and in order to achieve 45mm of static sag the shock is left in the 4th preload setting out of 7 (with out the shock in order to achieve a similar sag value the shock was at position 6).

Now for impressions, the shock I believe has transformed the bike. Previously the rear shock could not follow the bumps on the road correctly and it had kind of a vague feedback. Also it was passing all the pot holes up my spine. Both of these issues have been remedied, and the plus is that the bike now has a more sporting stance to its character. All and all for the amount paid I think this is a worthwhile suspension update, and if someone couples it with an emulator install upfront then the bike will transform quite a bit.

The time came to report my findings with the CBR600 rear shock. First and foremost what I have done to my NC is install the shock as well as a 25mm jack up kit.

My weight is 80kg and in order to achieve 45mm of static sag the shock is left in the 4th preload setting out of 7 (with out the shock in order to achieve a similar sag value the shock was at position 6).

Now for impressions, the shock I believe has transformed the bike. Previously the rear shock could not follow the bumps on the road correctly and it had kind of a vague feedback. Also it was passing all the pot holes up my spine. Both of these issues have been remedied, and the plus is that the bike now has a more sporting stance to its character. All and all for the amount paid I think this is a worthwhile suspension update, and if someone couples it with an emulator install upfront then the bike will transform quite a bit.
what damping setting are you using?
my girlfriend hasn't yet ridden the bike. I left it lowered for her. I also lowered the front. I weight a lot more then her and im trying to get it set up for her.

what damping setting are you using?
my girlfriend hasn't yet ridden the bike. I left it lowered for her. I also lowered the front. I weight a lot more then her and im trying to get it set up for her.

For damping I cannot remember but to be honest as all settings on a suspension you have to factor in weight and personal taste.

Back