• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cb 1100

gaffer49

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure you guys have seen that the CB 1100 is coming out soon. Actually it comes out in March. Today I was at my Honda dealer, and he told me that there will only be 1000 bikes released in the U.S. when they come out. He also said that he had so far one customer how put a deposit on one. I'm wondering what the thinking is on this bike. I love the look of it, and the "idea" of it. It looks like a bike "ought" to look, and every time I see a photo of it I start to drool. I'm really tempted to get serious about one. The bike has been out in Japan for some time now, so it is not a "new" model for Honda. Any thoughts? By the way, I have no plans to sell my NC, as I am emotionally attached to it way too much.

Thanks for any feedback.

Joe

I'm sure you guys have seen that the CB 1100 is coming out soon. Actually it comes out in March. Today I was at my Honda dealer, and he told me that there will only be 1000 bikes released in the U.S. when they come out. He also said that he had so far one customer how put a deposit on one. I'm wondering what the thinking is on this bike. I love the look of it, and the "idea" of it. It looks like a bike "ought" to look, and every time I see a photo of it I start to drool. I'm really tempted to get serious about one. The bike has been out in Japan for some time now, so it is not a "new" model for Honda. Any thoughts? By the way, I have no plans to sell my NC, as I am emotionally attached to it way too much.

Thanks for any feedback.

Joe

I believe this bike is already in the US...offered on cycletrader

I believe this bike is already in the US...offered on cycletrader

Really? I thought it was part of their 2013 lineup of new bikes as advertised on the Honda website? The Honda guy says it's a new bike for the U.S. Although it has been out in Japan.

It's definitely on cycle trader and has been for a while. Whether they have it in stock in another story. I looked closely at this model when shopping for a new bike. It came down to the NC and this CB. The NC won out, in my case, because I could set it up for roadtrips without destroying the looks of the bike. Not so for the CB. Naturally, all of this is in IMHO.

I sat on this bike at the motorcycle show this weekend and it is very very nice! Only 75 will be brought into Canada, only 1 into Calgary is what the salesman said.
I've heard the same with the states, just a limited number.
Why would they hold back supply? There was a huge crowd of old guys around it at the show, maybe Honda knows they are just lookers!

I sat on this bike at the motorcycle show this weekend and it is very very nice! Only 75 will be brought into Canada, only 1 into Calgary is what the salesman said.
I've heard the same with the states, just a limited number.
Why would they hold back supply? There was a huge crowd of old guys around it at the show, maybe Honda knows they are just lookers!

How did it feel sitting on it VS. an NC? Specifically regarding seat height and handlebar feel?

gaffer, you and the other members are right. I did some checking on those ads for this bike. No one has them in stock. They're taking deposits for a spring delivery.
I love the look of this bike. If I could afford multiple bikes, the CB1100 would be in my collection. I had an 84 CB700S last year...my first attempt at going to a smaller bike. I liked it a lot, but it was too cold natured and the carbs were a pain! When I accidentally came across the NC, on the internet, it had everything I was looking for except shaft drive. Sold!!!

Back