• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

California or bust!

Today was my third day on the road. I stayed in Albuquerque last night and I am in Flagstaff tonight. It's been smooth going now except for a glitch with my cell phone yesterday. The Verizon guy in Albuquerque showed me how to do a soft reset and all was well again.

Lots of heat and periodic gusts of wind in the passes. I almost made a video in Winslow AZ about standing on the corner, but by the time I got something to drink I was ready to head out. It was just too darn hot!

Tomorrow is California, and a visit with an old friend from my childhood. I think I'll be ready for a break from riding about then!

I have been on the road for more than a week now. This morning I am in San Simeon, CA. I just spent 3 days with a friend in the valley where I did not have internet or cell phone.

Trying to give the fog a chance to lift a bit. The temp change between the valley and the coast is wild. Over 100 in the valley and here on the coast it is supposed to be in the 50s all day!

Heading up the PCH today and meeting a YouTube friend in Santa Cruz tomorrow for some redwoods riding.

a7yqe5et.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Be safe Gary...
I want to see the NC by the redwoods, also! (Actually, I'd like to see me and my NC by them -lol!)

im sure you're past that by now, but hearst castle is up that way. (if you're old enough to remember patty hearst) wonderful place to see if you've the time.
glad your trip is progressing better now. :D

Looks like you made it to the best part of the trip. If you are going north to the redwoods make sure to get a picture of your bike in the Chandelier Tree. Cool weather for a while. Hwy 1 and Hwy 101 are nice.

Well, I did not make it to the redwoods. My friend from San Jose took me East from Watsonville over CA 152 to Gilroy so I could miss the Bay Area traffic on my way to Carson City, NV. It was a very nice road with lots of twisties and switchbacks. So no picture of the redwood. I did get a picture on CA 88 on my way to Carson City that I will post after this. That was also a very nice ride. I did not go to Tahoe, but I think some of the views were just about as good.

I left Ely, Nv this morning and the temp was 39. Had to break out my jacket liner. The loneliest road aka US Hwy 50 is indead pretty lonely. I was glad I was on a Honda, as it just kept purring along! I'm headed for a day on I-70 tomorrow and then back to US 50 for the remainder of my trip.

Garydj,

Nice day to move through Colorado except for a little wind. I am in Centennial and it looks like when you turn south to the 50 you will be in the good stuff. Watch out for the return traffic to Denver. Plenty of RV's should be headed back today. Be safe and enjoy the ride.

Best wishes,

Mike

Today I rode through Utah on I-70. The wind was gusty at times, but the scenery was worth it. Tomorrow, Monday, I am back on US 50 to Pueblo. So far I have avoided any wet weather although it seems to lurk nearby at times. I am glad I came back this way as there has been some bad stuff down on the southern route.

Only two states to go and I will be home. After over 3000 miles that has a good ring to it!

All good things must come to end. The ride to Pueblo over the monarch pass was very scenic. From Pueblo, CO this morning and into Kansas was pretty tame in comparison.

I'm back in Kansas now and this afternoon was 100 degrees and windy. Tomorrow I will be home.

Garydj- salivating over your trip! Glad it's been safe! (I like exclamation marks!)
Stay safe Bro! More details - even if written without pics are welcome!
I'm hoping to make a westaward ho! trip this year myself!

Back