• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bypass kickstand switch

badgopher

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't suppose anyone knows how to bypass this?

I can't find any documentation, manuals, or wiring diagrams.

I swapped the kickstand out and absolutely ****ing RUINED the switch because...no documentation...

I pulled the connector off the back side while the spring was still on, which promptly shattered the plastic and copper into a billion pieces.

Honestly I've NEVER tried to just ride off with the stupid thing down so I'll bypass it until I can get a replacement.

According to a wiring diagram and a service manual, I need to pull off the left air duct and side panel, then the kickstand switch is a 2-pin connector.

I love the CTX and NCX lines for riding, but **** me if they're not a flaming shitbag to work on.

If anyone is wondering, I'm replacing the kickstand because the former owner put in lowering links, and left the OEM stand. So the ****ing bike falls over on level ground without a breeze. Has done so twice now. First time ruined my car bumper, this time ruined my helmet. Now I'm without a bike OR helmet while I repair and reorder. Yay.

According to a wiring diagram and a service manual, I need to pull off the left air duct and side panel, then the kickstand switch is a 2-pin connector.

I love the CTX and NCX lines for riding, but **** me if they're not a flaming shitbag to work on.

If anyone is wondering, I'm replacing the kickstand because the former owner put in lowering links, and left the OEM stand. So the ****ing bike falls over on level ground without a breeze. Has done so twice now. First time ruined my car bumper, this time ruined my helmet. Now I'm without a bike OR helmet while I repair and reorder. Yay.

Thanks for the info. My dealer was going to take off the sidestand at the first service (2016 model) to get it powder coated because the paint finish is poor and rust is showing around the welds but he rang me to say the bike would be immobilised while it was off because of the sidestand switch. So he told him to forget it, and was just going to organise getting it powder coated myself. The location of the 2-pin connector is useful, but if we pull it apart, do we have to short it out to allow the bike to run?
Mike

I don't suppose anyone knows how to bypass this?

I can't find any documentation, manuals, or wiring diagrams.

I swapped the kickstand out and absolutely ****ing RUINED the switch because...no documentation...

I pulled the connector off the back side while the spring was still on, which promptly shattered the plastic and copper into a billion pieces.

Honestly I've NEVER tried to just ride off with the stupid thing down so I'll bypass it until I can get a replacement.
The Honda Service Manual is helpful in preventing self inflicted wounds like this but heaven help me I've done similar things in haste.

If you have already destroyed the switch I presume the remains of it are just hanging there. The switch works by closing two contacts when the side stand is up so just cut the two wires to the switch body and connect them to resume engine operation until you replace the switch. The new switch will come with new wires to the 2 pin connector which is tucked out of the weather and secured from getting tangled in the chain.

installed a short side stand no problem. you must be heavy handed. I use my side stand switch as my kill switch every time I ride.

Side stand switch

Chase it back to the connector on the wiring harness under the side panel; use the existing plug to make a jumper; plug it back together and leave it bypassed. Not all "safety" features that result from lawsuits are good features. It is a single point of failure if the switch were to fail while riding, shutting down the machine mid corner. It was not a good idea.

I discovered something recently. A new switch can be had for about $45, including the plug and the wire. After trying to trace the wire to the plug, I realized that I didn't want to undo any more pins, plugs, or bolts, let alone wiggle any more plastic panels out of the way. I noticed then that the switch could be separated from the wire. Just put some pliers on the switch and wiggle and pull off the old switch, then pull the new switch from its wire and plug it in to the old wire, then mount it to the bike. Simple and quick. Sure, you've paid for a plug and a wire you don't need, but you've also skipped nearly all the work and gotten the desired result, without dropping a single nut or clip down into the dark recesses of your bike, not to mention protecting your children's ears.

I screwed mine up just the same replacing my kickstand. Hard to see behind there and did not know its a bolt-in-a-bolt. Unplugged kickstand sensor, tossed it in garbage, made a jumper wire and stuck in the harness plug, taped it up so it can't come out, now it's bypassed with no issue. Free and easy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Safety is for sissies............but..........

For those overriding the side stand switch...........witha DCT .........you could have a serious safety issue, in gear and stand down (with no clutch).

Side stand safety devices from the rubber snubber on the stand ( Honda patent device) , auto retraction springs and various interlocks have a very long history.
Driving off with the side stand was common mishap accident on the first left hand turn.

Last edited:
c0ca5bee84fc44073561fb3658e02b5f.jpg

You are correct it’s not dangerous.......unless someone makes a simple mistake.

Wow...........you must be young.

Before the side stand system ( all the different systems ) became a fed standard, there were 1000 of accidents per year.

Last edited:
32 years young, with an outstanding memory that always reminds me to put the kickstand up before I ride off into the sunset.

Calm down, I'm just yanking your chain. Lol

Back