• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Buying tips?

Batmite

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

New member here. Am looking at a used 2012 NC700X. Low mileage (<1600). Any advice on what to check out?
I looked for a thread about this but did not see it if there is.

Thanks,
Peter

when are you looking to buy? sadly I'm going to be selling mine. probably in oct. ( I'm in Ak til then.)
its a 2012, with givi crash bars, and rear luggage. it also has a zumo gps on it, that might
as well go with it.

The first batch of 2012 to hit US soil had a recall on the chain. Most were fixed before they were sold. Beyond that, can't think of anything else. 2012s have been rock solid. You can always go to Honda website with the vin to see if there are any open recalls.

Under 1600 miles isn't even broken in good yet but I would change the brake fluid and the oil if you purchase it just because it has been setting around a lot and moisture tends to accumulate.

I bought a brand new 2014 this spring for 6K with tax, title, and prep. It had factory Touring screen and luggage rack included. Make sure they did the instrument upgrade on yours. Mine had it and the new one was defective and replaced again at 600 miles. Everything has been perfect now for 3000 miles.

If you get a 2014 make sure they have completed all of the "product updates", they are different than a safety recall.

Some of the 2014s came with Dunlop Trailmax (AKA Cheesemax) tires. Budget for tire replacement early because they won't likely make it more than 3000 miles.

My 2014 had three updates. One to replace the instrument panel, one to service the frunk/rear seat latch and the third to replace the starter solenoid. The starter solenoid problem affected a lot of other bikes as well as the NC.

Back