• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Break-in Question

brett2634

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had a ride with a friend planned for a few weeks now for this Friday. Our plan is to ride about 200 miles round trip up to Mt. Magazine in Arkansas. When we planned the trip, I was going to ride my CBR 250. However, since that time I put a deposit on a NC and am planning to pick it up on Thursday. I'll probably do some riding Thursday afternoon to get a feel for the bike after bringing it home on a trailer. Question is: should I ride the first 200ish miles on a trip like this? I've read different break-in methods, but not sure which is best.

Thanks

I am not a mechanic or an engineer and can only give an anecdotal response.

My first ride on my NC was a 350 mile tour of two states on interstate highways at 75 mph... just to get it home from the dealer.
60,000 miles later, I've had NO major problems. Keeping to Scheduled maintenance seems more important.

you can ride your new NC right away and not to worry about this,
make sure though it was prep by the dealer properly as some here reported loose bolts etc.
Happened to me as well.

A trip to Mt Magazine is the perfect break-in for the bike. You will be varying the throttle a lot going up and down the hills and the curves which is what the manual says to do for break-in.

The owners manual says for the first 300 miles avoid full-throttle starts and rapid acceleration, avoid hard braking and rapid down-shifts, ride conservatively.

Back