• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bigger NCs ?

Good that they're paying attention. Several years ago when I spoke with the owner of a dealership, in my old neighborhood in N.J., about bringing the Transalp back to the states, his response was to shrug and ask, "what for". I felt as if I had asked that question to an HD salesman and his response meant you'll buy what we market to you. It wasn't long afterward I bought the Multistrada.

A larger NC700X with shaft drive, better screen, 1200cc engine á la NC700-series (good torque on low revs) and Touratech style bags and I'm sold on one of these!

Well, you just about covered the ST1300...nice bike for sure!

Nah, not really. I'm more leaning towards the BMW R1200GS series... :)
The ST1300 is more the big brother of what I already got, the NT700VA (Deauville).

But tomorrow I will hopefully test this one:
CRF250L.jpg

The "hopefully" is weather dependent, as it is raining like h*ll here now...

Good that they're paying attention. Several years ago when I spoke with the owner of a dealership, in my old neighborhood in N.J., about bringing the Transalp back to the states, his response was to shrug and ask, "what for". I felt as if I had asked that question to an HD salesman and his response meant you'll buy what we market to you. It wasn't long afterward I bought the Multistrada.

That "They will buy the bikes that we have always produced so no need to change" attitude was a big part of the reason that the British bike industry disapeared

Nah, not really. I'm more leaning towards the BMW R1200GS series... :)
The ST1300 is more the big brother of what I already got, the NT700VA (Deauville).

But tomorrow I will hopefully test this one:
CRF250L.jpg

The "hopefully" is weather dependent, as it is raining like h*ll here now...

The Deauville may resemble the ST1300, but the distinction ends there. :)

A larger NC700X with shaft drive, better screen, 1200cc engine á la NC700-series (good torque on low revs) and Touratech style bags and I'm sold on one of these!

Uh...isn't that the Crosstour?
We don't get it in the US (big surprise :( )
Honda-Crosstourer-Eicma-2010-1.jpg

That article doesn't say much. Honda's going to build some new motorcycle models.

They say that the NC is 1/2 of a Jazz (Fit in the US) motor. What if they took 3/4 of a Jazz motor and made a 3-cylinder 1000cc bike? There have been quite a few triples in bike history and most of them were sweet motors. The K75 BMW was the smoothest of the K bikes. Everyone remembers the raucous Kawasaki triples, the water-cooled (and air-cooled) Suzuki triples, and the modern Triumphs.

What say ye? I'd take an enclosed belt drive. No-one has done that one yet. Maybe a Hybrid.

They say that the NC is 1/2 of a Jazz (Fit in the US) motor. What if they took 3/4 of a Jazz motor and made a 3-cylinder 1000cc bike? There have been quite a few triples in bike history and most of them were sweet motors. The K75 BMW was the smoothest of the K bikes. Everyone remembers the raucous Kawasaki triples, the water-cooled (and air-cooled) Suzuki triples, and the modern Triumphs.

What say ye? I'd take an enclosed belt drive. No-one has done that one yet. Maybe a Hybrid.

ETA: Funny. It just occurred to me that we are back into the excesses that we came to this bike to escape. Happiness comes not from having what you want, but from wanting what you have. I'm having plenty of fun with the little fellow. May even put it back together and ride it some day!

I love my bike as it is. It fits me, and I'm not looking at getting anything bigger. I'm hoping after 5-6 years of ownership, when I think it is time to buy a new one, Honda will still have this style available (will be a BIG mistake if they don't...it got me into riding and I'm sure I'm not the only newbie that was needing something like this)

ETA: Funny. It just occurred to me that we are back into the excesses that we came to this bike to escape. Happiness comes not from having what you want, but from wanting what you have. I'm having plenty of fun with the little fellow. May even put it back together and ride it some day!

Let's not forget this!!! I have read so many comments regarding the NC needing "improvements" such as shaft drive, dual front disks, higher redline, more HP, you name it (higher price?, more weight?). With all that added we are right back to where we started before this exciting new bike came out. I say leave it alone, and if you don't like it there are plenty of others to choose from. But just leave the NC alone.

I'll bet that little CRF250L single will have a difficult time making 60 mph! Will probably be a nice little trail bike though...

My guess is it will top out at 75-80 MPH depending on the gearing

Last edited:
Back