• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Best Gas Mileage.

I consistently see 65+- US mpg. Just cause I'm a Paw Paw don't mean I gotta ride like one. I normally shift at about 4000 rpm, rarely exceed 70 mph.

I'd have to agree that it's mostly in the wrist. Ever since I got a Buell Ulysses back in '09, i've been training myself to shift sooner than I "felt" I should have. I've continued this practice on the NCX, although training myself to shift at the REALLY low RPM points in the manual has been challenging at times. I try, though. I've definitely found that winding out the revs on take off has a noticeable effect on the mileage. So do freeway speeds, especially when coupled with headwinds. Stop 'n' go city traffic cuts into the mileage figures, too. Fortunately I don't commute on this bike, since I'm retired. Lots of 200 - 400 mile day trips, though -- just rarely on the freeway.

I'm 250#, 5'10", and have a CalSci sport windshield and Honda side & tail bags.

Here's my current Road Trip display:

What App is that?

not a clue what I'm getting at the moment but what I do know is at 65miles I'm one bar down and still have 2 bars after 170 miles.

Road Trip is very expensive at $5 - one of the most expensive apps I've purchased. But looking through the reviews, consistent since release years ago, I thought it might be worth it. So I downloaded the night before picking up my NC. I think for most people, one of the free apps would be fine. The main thing I'm disappointed with is that it doesn't tap into a database that shows which station you are using to fill up. I had thought from screenshots of pins marking a trip on a map that perhaps it did, but it simply measures longitude and latitude to mark the location without an address. It does have a lot of impressive features, especially if you take business trips.

Talking about apps, Radar US is one of my favorites at $2. Very easy to get an idea of where and when it is going to rain for trip planning. I use it a lot.

Not "Best" Mileage but might be interesting to some - I pretty consistently get ~65MPG or a little more, but a lot of my riding is at 75-85MPH. The wind and hills can influence the numbers though.

No idea how any of you get such amazing gas mileage. I average around 58 mpg. I'm in Los Angeles, though with lots of traffic. My best fuel up ever was 71 mpg and that was during a road trip.

No idea how any of you get such amazing gas mileage. I average around 58 mpg. I'm in Los Angeles, though with lots of traffic. My best fuel up ever was 71 mpg and that was during a road trip.

72mpg was the highest number I ever came up with, don't remember what I was doing.
Does the gas you use have ethanol? don't know what kind of difference that would make, but think it might.

I started out new getting 56mpg,after a few tanks it went to 58.After a few more it hit 60mpg where it has stayed for 1,500 + miles.Those are ALL commuting miles,same route and time of day.Last weekend we took a 125+ mile ride all open country/freeway and it jumped to 75mpg !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've finally worked out my mileage to the UK gallon .
177.6 miles, fill up 10.78 litres = 16.475 mpltr x 4.5 = 74mpg and thats's riding two up.
together we weighed with gear on 386 lbs.
so in all I very pleased.

I started out new getting 56mpg,after a few tanks it went to 58.After a few more it hit 60mpg where it has stayed for 1,500 + miles.Those are ALL commuting miles,same route and time of day.Last weekend we took a 125+ mile ride all open country/freeway and it jumped to 75mpg !!.

After 47 mpg as a best on my ole GL1200, I'll take 65 mpg as an average. My lowest fuel mileage still beats that!
This little bike was worth it in my books.

to true! best little big bike I've ever owned and I thought my FAZER 600 was the bees knees but not any more;)

My DL1000 that I traded in got a best of 42mpg 1 time.
My wifes GS500 with her 150# on it gets right at 60mpg highway so the NC is a winner in my book!!.

Well, while I don't have a NC700x yet, in case this topic is only for that bike. I am getting an average of 62.7 mpg on my '89 Ninja 250, link. I just filled up a couple of days ago and got 65.
Tony

Last edited:
Logged a little over 1300 miles so far. Just got the bike on April 27th. Average mpg is 59.8 and my best so far was 64.9mpg. Not bad considering I have a heavy wrist.

I got 315 km with 9.5 liters
It would be 33km / liter.
If 1 mile=1.6km, than 20 miles/liter, and if 1 gallon = 4.5 liter, that is 93 Mpg (UK), 78.8 Mpg ( US)
I think UK gallon is 4.5liter, US is 3.8 ?
BTW, we use only X liter / 100 km-s.
So it is between 3 and 3.3 liter on 100 kms.
Very economy bike! ( My ex CBR250R had the same avg. )

Logged a little over 1300 miles so far. Just got the bike on April 27th. Average mpg is 59.8 and my best so far was 64.9mpg. Not bad considering I have a heavy wrist.
You're on a good pace - I got in ~7,000 miles in three months right after buying the bike before winter set in here last fall. Be safe and wear your safety gear.

Last edited:
Back