• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Battery-wired accessories

Canuck

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I don't know much about electricity and wiring and I was wondering if I could install a battery charger and a 12V socket on top of each other, on the battery (i.e. 2 eyelets on the positive pole and 2 eyelets on the negative pole)? Apart from the space needed on the battery screws, is there a risk?

Thanks!

Hi,

I don't know much about electricity and wiring and I was wondering if I could install a battery charger and a 12V socket on top of each other, on the battery (i.e. 2 eyelets on the positive pole and 2 eyelets on the negative pole)? Apart from the space needed on the battery screws, is there a risk?

Thanks!

Yup you can do that. Just make sure each wire is fused. And note that those accessories will be always on. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure the 12V socket has a working fuse inline.
When installing the wire, make sure you locate the fuse in an accessible area
so you don't have to take apart the fairings just to check the fuse.

I always try to limit additional terminals at the battery to one on each side although people often use more. My own feeling is that the terminal ends are soft and having 2 or more can result in the battery bolt coming loose when the metal is crushed.

For the 12v power, you'd be better off adding a relay in the system so that socket is only provided voltage when the key is ON. I've known more than one guy who had accessories wired directly to the battery and it wasn't uncommon for them to forget about an accessory and a few hours later find they have a dead battery!

Thank you all for the advice. I have installed a quick connect plug on my battery for my charger. I've just found out that the company makes a 12V outlet that plugs directly in that quick connect plug, so that problem is solved. Now, i wand to install a air horn on my NC, wich requires a relay that goes on the positive terminal. Every accessory is fused, so no problem there. From what I read here, everything will work out,

Thanks again! :)

Back