• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Battery cover screws

Mosh

Reaction score
Visit site
Very minor issue. I picked up a cover for the battery compartment in the frunk today then found it lacked the screws/bolts to fasten it in place. Are they anything special I should get from Honda or should I just find bolts that fit?

The parts guy wasn't much help and it would probably take a couple of weeks to get them.
If anyone knows the diameter and thread width that'd save me some time mucking about.

Thanks.

Don't know the thread pitch. You could take out a couple screws already on the motorcycle and see which fits. Then, go down to hardware store with that screw and replace with any screw that is similar.

I would assume this means it is a 5mm thread diameter, by 15mm thread length. There is really only 1 common thread pitch for 5mm, which is 0.8. Most of the panel bolts used on the NC have an unthreaded shoulder, so if you are using a replacement bolt that is threaded for all 15mm with no shoulder, just be sure you don't over-tighten it.

Just dropped one and could not find - thanks guys! I need to replace a battery bolt (for the cable to battery connection) any idea on size for this? Might want to have an extra in case I drop that too....

Back