• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone have any pics of their NC700 packed with camping gear?

Yamezz, I would like to know brands and stock numbers of your trunk fillers -just the main ones -tent, sleeping bag and mattress.

Tent is Nemo Gogo LE
Sleeping bag is Deuter Trek Lite 250
Sleeping mat is Exped Synmat UL 7 S
Pillow is Exped Air Pillow Medium
Shoes are Dunlop Volley

after watching programs on wild life in the USA ,I would be reluctant to camp any where in them woods.

People say that about Australia - Crocodiles, dingos, deadly spiders, 8 out of the 10 most deadly snakes in the world... In reality though it's all pretty easily avoided.

its a pity we can't avoid our dangerous specie's the buggers are all over the place,better known as MP's here;)
and here's 2 of them....
iliband]-407443.jpg
cameronAP.jpg

Last edited:
johnakay,

Here in the U.S. we just carry a handgun for protection from unruly two and four legged critters while camping.

Can one "carry" from State to State on a long trip?
I come from California where concealed carry permits are rarer than winning lottery tickets.

I carry Bear mace if I'm in an area that has critters I'm concerned about.
Counter Assault Bear Deterrent Spray - 8.1 oz. at REI.com

Some national parks make you watch bear safety videos before they let you do back country camping.
Generally they state that you should stay 100 yards from bears at all times, make noise if one is getting closer to you than that etc.

one thing they left out (at least when we were at yellow stone) is that the tank of bear mace will spray for about 7.5 seconds (half second test before you go on the trail so lets call it 7) which is about the time it would take for a grizzle to close from 100 yards to on top of you... meaning when you are the recommended 100 yards out from the bear, you should have the spray out and pointed that direction... when the bear starts running you should start shouting, and spraying... (though if the wind is such that the pepper spray is blowing back towards you maybe keep your mouth closed) the can will be empty by the time the bear hits you... hopefully it will stop when it is in the cloud of pepper spray that you deployed between the two of you...

Never had to use it on a critter, we did test it at one point, and the quarter of a second we had it spraying it put out a nice dense fog.

Had the discussion with folks on carrying a gun while hiking many times, basically anything I'd want to lug through the woods with me wouldn't be all that effective on the critters that I'd actually be concerned with, bear, moose, mountain lion, etc. You know things that are big enough that they won't be afraid of me.

Here's mine packed for a long camping trip. There's not much to see. Passenger seat is replaced by Dale's flat rack with 1 gallon RotopaX fuel can attached. Strapped to that with Rok straps is a 50 liter dry bag containing sleeping bag, pad, pillow, shoes. Tent, stove, food, tools, clothes, riding gear, mess kit, WINE, etc, fits in side bags and top box. Camera, electronics, tire repair stuff, helmet lock, gloves and such fit in frunk. I probably pack more than I need to.

The top box, panniers and dry bag are Kappa products mounted to SW-Motech hardware.

image.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_20140914_073639[1].jpg

Here is my ride on its inaugural camp trip. Details available if requested.

Very nice ride and a very way to get away and unwind.

Didn't have my top box at this time, was sent the wrong adapter. Got everything here, food, water, tent, sleeping bag, pillow, cloths, 2 inner tubes for river floating, a boat paddle, folding chair, tons of stuff haha

1c408624b0465140e5f8928eb854029e.jpg

Back