• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ural Comes Back Swinging with the Rabble-Rousing “Gear Up Expedition”

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Back in 2022, the world’s leading bike-and-sidecar manufacturer had to move their headquarters due to geopolitical complications (aka., the Russo-Ukrainian War). Today, we’ve been gifted with the first model since the move, proving that Ural’s healing heart – is ready to take the stage once more.

Folks, meet the all-new Ural Gear Up Expedition.

A view of Ural's newest model, the Gear Up Expedition. Media sourced from Ural.

A view of Ural’s newest model, the Gear Up Expedition. Media sourced from Ural.

This $31,440 USD ($42,100 CAD) ADV sidecar combo has a host of fantastic componentry, including the following, according to the IMZ Ural website:

• On-Demand 2WD
  • Enduro Bench Seat with Passenger Handles and Foot Pegs
  • Universal Spare Wheel (Fits All 3 Positions)
  • LED Sidecar Fog Lights
  • Front Sidecar Bumper
  • Sidecar Auxiliary Power Outlet
  • Sidecar Tonneau Cover
  • Sidecar and Trunk Floor Protection
  • Jerry Can
  • Folding Utility Shovel
  • Ural Tool Kit
  • Touch Up Paint
  • Black Powder Coated Powertrain
  • Toolbox Gas Tank
  • Nitron Shock Absorbers
  • Rider Adjustable Windscreen—Smoke
  • Short Sidecar Windscreen—Smoke
  • Reinforced Crash Bar
  • Skidplate
  • GEO Spare Wheel Luggage Rack
  • Sidecar Nose Luggage Rack
  • Sidecar Rear Bumper
  • Sidecar Light Protectors (2)
  • Sidecar Fender Luggage Rack
  • Taillight Protector
  • Headlight Grill
  • H4 LED Headlight Bulb
  • Handlebar Clamp Ball Mount
  • Ural Hand Guards
  • Handlebar Mounted USB Power Charger
Click to view slideshow.
Naturally, Ural’s kept their iconic heritage design, leaning on tweaked perks like the stronger motorcycle/sidecar protection, upgraded suspension, increase in luggage space, and matching windscreens, though my eyes are more taken by the easter egg integrated into the Expedition’s colorway choices.

One of the more neat contributions of this bike-and-car model is the line that runs along the bike’s tank / the sidecar’s outer bucket fairing. Whether looking at Ural’s Colza Field, Polar Dawn, or Ember Flame livery, that line has been measured to an exact 23.5° angle, matching the exact tilt of Mother Earth’s axis.

In short, Ural’s off-beat vibes are aligned with the very globe about which we trot with sidecar in tow – a clever colorway decision and one that befits Ural’s goal as a down-to-earth, family-friendly bike brand.

“As a motorcycle brand that’s not technologically advanced, we are delivering a product that allows people to do something outside the digital realm,” explains Madina Merzhoeva, VP of marketing and international sales, in coverage from CycleWorld.

“…with a Ural, you can do it with your family, your friend, even with your pet. It gives the comfort of doing things in real life, meeting challenges, and discovering that they are overcomeable.”

“[Riding a Ural is] a kind of therapy to deal with reality… and to do it together with people we love.”

What do you think of Ural’s Gear Up Expedition?

*Media sourced from Ural*​

The post Ural Comes Back Swinging with the Rabble-Rousing “Gear Up Expedition” appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Very nice looking set up but..... when I think 3 wheels whether it be side-car setup, trike, or one of those infernal Spider things, I think why not just get a little MX 5 Miata. Hey, I'm a motorcycle guy all the way through but if I ever get to where I can't ride a real bike I'll go the convertable option. Just saying.

Back