• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Another possible scource of handguards

It is not glued in, but the rubber inserts at both ends in addition to the spring clip make it a bear to extract.

You cannot pull it out a half inch. It only indexes at the fully in position. There will be nothing to hold it there. Often hand guards come with wedge type inserts for handlebars that are without bar-end weights. Did your hand guards come with some? If so, just remove the Honda items and use the ones that came with it. Otherwise, I am afraid you are in for spacers. If it were me, I would get (or make) 7/8" diameter aluminum spacers and turn down the last 1/16" or so to the ID of the handlebar to give it a place to seat. One thing to watch for is that there is a locating step on the outside edge of the bar insert to keep the end-weight from spinning. It would not give you a flat surface for a spacer to seat on.

the kit does include inserts, but they are in different size bolts. Anyway, if I can get the OEM insert out, then I am good to go. Otherwise, I will go with nylon spacers/washers with a notch cut out. :)

So, I decided to give a set of Tusk D-flex hand guards a try. I bought them from an eBay seller for $46 shipped.

Without the stock bar ends, they interfere with the controls. With the bar ends, the clutch side fits great. The throttle side does not sit right because of the master cylinder and brake line.
Also, these would work way better if installed on flatter bars. As it is, the plastic guard doesn't do much to block the wind.

I think I will spring for the Barkbusters and sell these.

Hmm I bought some.. for $45 I couldn't pass it up. I am not going to put them on though till my Rox Risors get here and I put some 1 1/8" Pro Tapers on. The seem a little cheap though, so they might go back. Jury is still out. The guard is pretty big though.

Hi guys!
What about this model (barkbusters S1)?
Barkbusters - S1

I'm looking for a simple model just for a winter, not for a crash protection.
Someone has mounted this handleguard on NC700X?

Back