• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Another possible scource of handguards

Barkbuster has a NC700x specific set with part number BHG48-NP. It is a two point attachment which is necessary to provide protection to the hands. The single point attachments can actually trap your hands in some crash situations. These units use the Storm series covers. I was going to buy a set until I decided instead to replace the bars with a set that these could not fit.

Hmm.. My JCR Honda friends from the dirt bike world always tell me the opposite... But I suppose dirt get offs are a little different than street crashes.

These look kinda funky personally, but I really dig the LED strips. I may add them to whichever guards I do end up buying.

Last edited:
Hmm.. My JCR Honda friends from the dirt bike world always tell me the opposite...

I have never heard that one. In fact, Barkbusters says this about their own single point S1 hand guards...

"...Provides great wind and cold weather protection but minimal crash protection as there is no aluminium backbone or handlebar end mounting."

Cyra Pro bends, fastened in two points,very strong.Bike fell over while on centre stand in soft ground while i was taking a pee break, handlebar landed right on some rocks straight on, full loaded bike, top box, panniers, camp gear, only damage, bent the long screw holding bar end weight on and a small scuff on the handguard, I am sure I would of at least lost my clutch lever the way it fell without them. Besides just the extra comfort they provide make them a great add-on. I have been using them on my trail bike. The handguards aluminum frame has been tested more than once, they are strong.Ride safe.

Attachments

• 700X 003.jpg
    700X 003.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,813
Good choice. I have some Cycra Probends ordered to go with the Renthal fat bars and Rox risers that I am going to install on mine.

That's an old pic, installed 2" Rox adjustable risers, honda light bar, leg, foot air deflectors, throttle lock, since picture was taken, waiting for exhaust can and driving lights and another windscreen should all be here this coming week, heading out on another 2500 mile soon, broke so I'll have to hope and find road kill to eat.

I found these SW-Motec guards I really like online in Estonia. I found a website called twistedthrottle.com and saw they were a SW-Motec dealer. After writing them I was told that they would be getting shipments of them in the first week of October, the only difference is theirs would not say SW-Motec because they are getting them from Barkbuster. I am watching the website and ordering a pair as soon as they are available, I will post again when I get them.

Honda NC 700 X/S (12-). Handguard Kit. Black. - Motokaup.ee

I found these SW-Motec guards I really like online in Estonia. I found a website called twistedthrottle.com and saw they were a SW-Motec dealer. After writing them I was told that they would be getting shipments of them in the first week of October, the only difference is theirs would not say SW-Motec because they are getting them from Barkbuster. I am watching the website and ordering a pair as soon as they are available, I will post again when I get them.

The Barkbusters are a different animal than the SW-Motech. I spoke with the Operations Manager for Barkbuster in Australia and he told me the following:

"We have produced a handguard for the NC700X. The product code is BHG48-NP. This product is sold without plastic covers so you have the option to fit VPS or Storm plastics. Our US distributor (Twisted Throttle) has recently ordered a quantity of these and should have them in their warehouse soon."

Very good info Beemer, I was not aware that they did not come with a deflector. I was not given a price but maybe twistedthrottle.com will put them together as a package with the deflector of choice. I will keep you posted on what I hear.

Very good info Beemer, I was not aware that they did not come with a deflector. I was not given a price but maybe twistedthrottle.com will put them together as a package with the deflector of choice. I will keep you posted on what I hear.

Maybe so. Have a look at both covers. I prefer the Storm S3...

Barkbusters - S3

I got a bit torqued at Twisted Throttle when they were unwilling to simply email me when the parts arrived rather than asking me to look every day at their web site to see if they had added them yet. I have bought quite a bit from them over the years. I have already bought Cycra Probends for my NC as I added Renthal 1-1/8" handlebars and this item won't fit them. I do like the Barkbusters product line though.

I received and installed my hand guards from twistedthrottle.com today. So far I think they are awesome. Gives the bike an awesome adventure look, and really helps while driving on the interstate. I did not utilize the entire kit, I wanted to keep the stock handle bar inserts so I could put the weights back on if I wanted too. I used a spacer from the kit and some washers and hardware of my own to make it "custom" to my liking. I have a couple of low quality pics for now. Will try to get better pics posted tomorrow.

Part Numbers: BB.BSC.STD MOUNTING KIT
BB.BHG5 ALUMINUM BACKBONE/BAR SET
BB.S3.BK STORM PLASTIC HAND GUARD SETIMG_20121008_202521.jpgIMG_20121008_202551.jpgIMG_20121008_202638.jpgIMG_20121008_202619.jpg

Do those fit with the stock clutch and brake levers? I've heard talk of others here having to use short levers. Looking to get some of those for mine as well this winter.

It looks like there is at least an inch or two of wiggle room to slide the bar clamps closest to the middle of the bike, further outboard, up the bar. This means you could conceivably have a lot of room to play with at the bar end, I would imagine.

Like Bamo says, you can space the ends further out to suit with whatever method you like. Washers, larger bar end weights, whatever. Also, don't forget you can position the lever perches a bit inboard too, if you want to minimalize the distance sticking out at the ends of the bars.

Even without handguards (though I am going to get some too) I usually move my clutch and brake perches in a little bit for my comfy ergo wants. There's always a nice distance between the end ball of the lever and the end of the handle bar, for me.

Back