• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Alaskan Leather Sheepskin Universal

It was supposed to be a joke. Obviously I missed the mark. You did say in the post you had a ghetto-fabulous idea so I assumed you were joking. Enjoy the seat. I ordered one as well in black, I am secretly hoping it takes care of at least a little bit of the forward slant.

Never sure online what's a joke, but I figured it was. :) It does look silly, but I found myself spending way too much time on something trivial when all I was trying to accomplish was keep the dang thing dry when I leave it to go into a movie, restaurant, or camping/hiking. This solution is quick, simple, easy, immediate... and actually is a little better since I don't have to make sure I leave room in the top box or front box to store it when it rains. The shower cap takes up almost no room at all. My reference would have been to get a clear one, but only the large shower caps would fit. So, in the large size shower caps... I had a choice of a dainty lace decorated one... a bright pink one with flowers.... or this blue one I went with. ;)

Oh, and yes... I don't really have a problem with sliding forward... I do slide a bit but it doesn't bother me. However, this pad does seem to either eliminate the sliding or it's completely resolved. I haven't had the pad that long, but it doesn't seem like I have to reposition myself at all while using it, so it's likely doing exactly what you're hoping it'll do.

Last edited:
Glad we got that straight, I like this forum and I really don't want to be a Pain in the A%$ to anyone. This is supposed to be our passion and it is the first forum I have ever LOOKED at, let alone joined!!! I am still learning!!! Thanks for the hip-check. I am super stoked to hear that the pad may help with the slant, even if only a little bit. If something cheap doesn't help, I'll have to go with a new seat but with two kids in college and one in high school, yeah, money is a little tight!!

Glad we got that straight, I like this forum and I really don't want to be a Pain in the A%$ to anyone. This is supposed to be our passion and it is the first forum I have ever LOOKED at, let alone joined!!! I am still learning!!! Thanks for the hip-check. I am super stoked to hear that the pad may help with the slant, even if only a little bit. If something cheap doesn't help, I'll have to go with a new seat but with two kids in college and one in high school, yeah, money is a little tight!!

I think you're going to be very surprised and happy with it. On my last bike... for really long distance, I also cut out a section of yoga matt and put it underneath the sheepskin. Never felt like I needed anything else.

Regarding the forums... this Honda one seems very courteous in general. Everyone seems to be cool to each other and it feels like a great club. Other boards like the adventure one ADV and a few other testoterone-fueled ones... there tend to be the angry sorts mixed in who thrive on trolling and getting underneath a stranger's skin just for the heck of it. This nc700 site seams to be mostly free of that ilk.

Thanks for the info. I agree this forum is very friendly and that is why I like it. I hope you're right about the pad and I'm going to keep the yoga mat stuff in mind, although my daughter won't be too happy when she realized her mat is smaller!!

Back