• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

After-market eBay Side Stand - Don't get this one....

hacksaw496

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I recently lowered my 2014 NC700X using Lust links and that worked nicely to get the bike down to where I can get most of my feet on the ground (29-30" inseam). Lowered the front about .8" as well at the same time.

So, now the side stand doesn't give the same amount of lean any longer as expected, and I'm afraid to leave the bike out in the wind like that. The Soupy's adjustable unit is like $150 or more, so I found an item on eBay that looked like it was worth a try at $20, which *stated* it fit the bike.

When I got the unit, it seemed pretty nice, black aluminum and pretty solid feeling. But then things went downhill. The supplied bolt (and my original bolt) did not want to go into the threaded hole, and I noticed there was no small bored hole for the side stand position switch tang. I later determined using a dowel rod that the bored and threaded hole appeared to be drilled off 90 degree which probably explains why the bolts didn't want to go in far. Additionally, the surface of the new stand at the hinge is smaller than the switch, which would not fully seat. And that's if I bored my own tang locator hole....

I am asking for my money back, and I think the seller will do that. I wanted to pass this on to others to avoid this type of kick stand.

I'm thinking I will look for a welder to take 1/2" to 3/4" or so off my original stand and re-weld the foot on.

I also have a centerstand which is now difficult to use because of the lowering, but I made a gizmo block to help with that. Which works pretty good, but I would have to carry it around to use outside the garage....

Hope this helps someone! Pat

Attachments

• ebay sidestand 2.jpg
    ebay sidestand 2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 110
  • ebay sidestand 1.jpg
    ebay sidestand 1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 113
  • ebay sidestand 3.jpg
    ebay sidestand 3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 112
  • ebay sidestand 4.jpg
    ebay sidestand 4.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 111
  • Cent Stand Riser 1.jpg
    Cent Stand Riser 1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Side Stand on Ebay.jpg
    Side Stand on Ebay.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
That looks to be a universal sidestand so I wouldn't expect it to bolt up to many bikes without modifications.

Back