• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adios Amigos

Today I saw the rear end of a new Vstrom. It is very big.
I cannot say I like the looks of the Vstrom, but beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.
:p

So how does the Vstrom get the nod to be a dirt worthy adventure bike when the engine is totally exposed? The exhaust and oil filter are sitting right there for any rock to take out.. Yet the NC is held back by Honda for the same reasons? I know there are other reasons, suspension being one, but they could have easily been fixed by the engineers.. odd

I cannot say I like the looks of the Vstrom, but beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

Ugly bike pretty wife works for me, she does not have classic lines. She does have some great features and an awesome instrument cluster. I ordered a skid plate to protect her somewhat naked bottom though. I already miss the frunk.

So how does the Vstrom get the nod to be a dirt worthy adventure bike when the engine is totally exposed? The exhaust and oil filter are sitting right there for any rock to take out.. Yet the NC is held back by Honda for the same reasons? I know there are other reasons, suspension being one, but they could have easily been fixed by the engineers.. odd

I do not understand why both bikes have an exposed underbelly...........Odd indeed. Cooling maybe?

has he gone yet, right can we play now
starwars.gif

The Strom has never been a looker in my opinion! That said, I think this one looks good. I don't think the NCX has it beat in the looks department.
Last but not least, they both look better than the Versys IMO.
Did I mention that if Honda hadn't made the NCX, I would be on a DL650 now.
Not everyone buys for looks, some people buy for their needs.

Congrats. The V-Strom 650 is a great allround bike. I have owned both the 650 and 1000 from new. I did about 10.000 miles on the 650 and 16.000 miles on the 1000. I now have a 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA which i seriously thinking about trading in with a 2013 NC700XAD.

Thanks everyone, I did fifty miles on her today and was pleased with the results. I still have the stock seat that I modifed if anybody wants it. Free if you come and get it.

Thanks everyone, I did fifty miles on her today and was pleased with the results. I still have the stock seat that I modifed if anybody wants it. Free if you come and get it.

PM sent on the seat.

Stop by every once in a while! Nice bike by the way!! Also post the pics of your new S-10 when you get it. You know you will get an S-10 some day.

Back