• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adios Amigos

Billy Budd

Reaction score
Visit site
Let me just say this forum is great and has some great members. I sold the NC700X today a bought the V Strom Adventure. Other than the seat the little Honda is a great bike, I wish you all the best and I really had fun with it. I think the V Strom will be a better fit for what I want to accomplish. Thank you all for your help and support. Ride safe and ride often. I have a stock seat that I modified with memory foam, if someone wants to pick it up locally it theirs.

071.JPG072.JPG075.JPG

Looks good! Wish I had one of each.

Good luck!

We will miss your participation here so check in now and then.

Would like to hear the factors that told you select a Vstrom over the NC700. The same two bikes I am making a decision over and now waiting for the 2013 DCT to reach my dealer.

We will miss your participation here so check in now and then.

Would like to hear the factors that told you select a Vstrom over the NC700. The same two bikes I am making a decision over and now waiting for the 2013 DCT to reach my dealer.

Thanks for all the kind words, I decided I wanted to add some dirt/FS roads to my travels and felt the suspension on the VStrom would handle that better. I wanted more wind protection and seat comfort. I will miss the NC700X, for all the great things Honda has done. As a large rider I just never felt comfortable on the X. The dealer traded me with out too much of a loss and I hope I made the right choice. I would strongly recommend the NC700X to 90% of those seeking a fun commuter/day tripper.
I will check in in a while for a ride report and see how you all are doing.

Thanks for all the kind words, I decided I wanted to add some dirt/FS roads to my travels and felt the suspension on the VStrom would handle that better. I wanted more wind protection and seat comfort. I will miss the NC700X, for all the great things Honda has done. As a large rider I just never felt comfortable on the X. The dealer traded me with out too much of a loss and I hope I made the right choice. I would strongly recommend the NC700X to 90% of those seeking a fun commuter/day tripper.
I will check in in a while for a ride report and see how you all are doing.

Hope you kept Corbin's phone number. Plenty of complaints on the WeeStrom seat over on their forum at stromtrooper.com ;)

Enjoy the new bike! I considered and went for a test ride on a V-strom (back to back with an NC) as well before picking the NC. Lovely engine and gets very good reviews everywhere. For me it came down to the fact that the NC700X is the better handling bike (for me) and I struggled getting past the V-strom looks (completely subjective). Ride safe

Back