• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

About to take delivery, wish one thing were different...

My wife used to ride with me (on the back) when she was younger.

In 1985 we spent a week riding across Jamaica on a Honda 80cc scooter - that was a blast - but she does not ride anymore.

I keep telling her to get a bike and ride with me - god knows she needs a hobby. I think I will get a Zuma 125 and see if I can get her started on that.

As much as I like riding, let's just say that my spouse is equally unenthusiastic. She isn't trying to prevent me from getting it, but I know that every time I go out for a ride there will be a tiny bit of friction. The problem isn't the expense or risk (though those are part of it), but she really just doesn't GET riding. There is zero chance she will go for a ride and that's okay - married people don't have to have the EXACT same interests, right? I'm just wondering if there are others out there who share this situation. I keep reading of people whose significant others ride with them or even bought them their bike and just wanted to see if there were others in a more asymmetrical relationship between their love for motorcycles and their love for their life partner. I have the movie "Why We Ride" which I LOVE and thought about showing that to her, but maybe I don't want to push it.

I currently have the same situation. It was not like that when we were dating. I had a 78' Goldwing "Fully Loaded". We used to go riding with the Gold Wing Club every weekend. She seemed to enjoy it. After we got married and had our first child, that was the turning point for her. No more Rides or discussions regarding it anymore...

She is always worried about when I go out, even to work as I'm a "Communter" too.

I remindered her that "I rode before we met, and I will continue to ride until I cannot any longer." I am hoping that will be abother 30 years or so.

You need to think of it as "YOUR TIME". I am sure that she has "HER TIME" too...

My wife road her own bike for 46 years. Now due to physical problems she can not ride. Sure have missed her riding with me the last 3 years!1.jpg

SmileyYoungLady.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Masta,
My wife doesn't ride either. I got my NCX last spring and I bugged her to go for a ride with me several times. On the 4th of July last year she finally gave in to my repeated requests. I took her out for a nice gentle ride through the city and along Lake Michigan. We were out for about 45 minutes. When we got home she got off of the bike and said, "There, don't ever ask me again". She doesn't mind when I ride so i go for rides by myself or with other biker friends.

Have fun and Ride safe, with or without her!

I do not know if these data have any use in arguments with your precious halves:

My wife rode with me before Mr. Fredreich and his Ataxia forced us into the car world.
I was the first guy she dated for long that used only motorcycles to move around town on dates with her.
She even endured a long weekend (around 1000 miles back and forth) on a narrow hard motocross seat testing her limits since she had no idea what that kind of riding may be (we still feel the pain today, 12 years later, ouch! and she recalls the fine two stroke odors :rolleyes: ).

13892190979_7433dd8afa.jpg

After some more experience on two wheels with me, including 5 days touring southern Crete on a summer camping equipment loaded 150cc 4T Piaggio scooter and other long weekends and longer trips on an NX650 she now thinks that if she had not met this certain Mrs. Ataxia she would have probably gone the motorcycle way of moving around herself since she enjoyed the freedom two wheels motorized vehicles provide when she experienced it in full with me. No comparison to other forms of transportation as Feeling Free goes, hands down for her.

13892227870_889a55f854_o.jpg

Here she just panicked as the bike just moved a bit under her hands and she cannot stand up by herself anymore courtesy of that certain evil mistress mentioned above.
As her condition progressed we went as far as buying an ultra compact foldable wheelchair to carry around on the bike but we used the whole lot just a couple of times, once over 200 miles of heavy rain, before giving in to the luxury of car riding and we have not been able to ride 2 wheels again together since nowadays even the car has to be comfy and stable…

13892236450_4342c6b319_z.jpg

So guys with unconvinced wives, tell her that she might have no idea what she is missing before she buries the idea.
But do take care to have her first experiences as comfy and romantic as possible to start it right!
No use into going into warp speed with her trying to hold on to you as your fancy rocket screams under you both on her very first ride!

Last edited:
Back