• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

About time for a new back tire- mostly road

I was staying on message and attempting to help.
You and I have very different definitions of "attempting to help". Because I see no sign of an attempt to help OP in your post, you just made a snarky statement then dropped the mic and walked out. Everyone else in this thread offered OP help and those posts look nothing like yours. Take lesson.

You and I have very different definitions of "attempting to help". Because I see no sign of an attempt to help OP in your post, you just made a snarky statement then dropped the mic and walked out. Everyone else in this thread offered OP help and those posts look nothing like yours. Take lesson.

Busybody net-copping is just another form of bullying. What you have done here is in no way morally superior to what he did. Somebody hired you to command people to "take lesson" and post only in ways you find acceptable? How tall a stump does one need to mount a horse that high?

I'm not going to dignify that by responding . I've made my point and taken this off topic far enough . My apologies to OP and everyone in the thread for doing so .

I liked PR4's on this bike. I ran a slightly lower pressure on the rear solo than recommended and had utmost confidence in them in all conditions. It is best to replace both tyres to get the best out of them. Otherwise the poor front will somewhat negate the improved handling of a new rear.

I liked PR4's on this bike. I ran a slightly lower pressure on the rear solo than recommended and had utmost confidence in them in all conditions. It is best to replace both tyres to get the best out of them. Otherwise the poor front will somewhat negate the improved handling of a new rear.

The best mileage I achieved on a PR4 front tire was 20K and I should have changed it sooner. The rear has such a long life there is no way you can change the front tire "every other" rear tire change. As most of you know, the front tire will likely wear on the outside edges whereas the rear wears out in the center. For the most part anyway. The PR4 front tire starts to handle oddly once you have taken the tread down to the wear bars. This is my opinion and experience. This is why I agree with your statement above.

I ordered new tires today "Bridgestone BT-023 Sport Touring". They were less expensive than the PR4's and I can apply for a $40 mail in rebate for even more savings.

I've read some good reviews on these tires so what the heck, they'll be a nice upgrade from my OEM Trailmax tires.

I like that they are long-life which probably means less grip compared to the "Bridgestone Battlax T30 EVO" which were a few dollars more and did not have the mail in rebate.

I was all set to buy the PR4's but as they are still not available ('round here) it was easy to sell myself on the available BT-023's for considerably less money.

1.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered new tires today "Bridgestone BT-023 Sport Touring". They were less expensive than the PR4's and I can apply for a $40 mail in rebate for even more savings.

I've read some good reviews on these tires so what the heck, they'll be a nice upgrade from my OEM Trailmax tires.

I like that they are long-life which probably means less grip compared to the "Bridgestone Battlax T30 EVO" which were a few dollars more and did not have the mail in rebate.

I was all set to buy the PR4's but as they are still not available ('round here) it was easy to sell myself on the available BT-023's for considerably less money.

View attachment 31689
I've ridden many a mile on BT023s. All good. The T30 Evos are evolutionary not revolutionary. They are better but in the wet but the 023s and T30s are not at all lacking in that regard. I thought the 023s were pretty much discontinued now that the Evos are fully released though. Check the date of manufacture on the tires when you get them to make sure a stale set were not shipped to you.

Back