• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

$5 DIY Fender Riser

More Shinko 705's Enroute

I was debating other options on the front tire to avoid having to lift the fender, but opted for the Shinko 705 afterall. I would like to lift the fender no more than necessary. Has anybody found the optimum lift without fork extenders? I only have the Honda light bar. I was probably going to joggle the brackets anyhow, so I'd simply drill them to whatever height needed. Also has anybody experienced any problems on the rear Shinko with a hugger? Probably wouldn't want the hugger anyhow off road.

I went ahead and followed HONDABIKEPRO's advice and collapsed the forks to see how much clearance and it is only a little more than a half inch to the OEM Honda Light Bar and about the same to the radiator (without a fender extender or radiator guard). So I ended up modifying the fender lift scheme to get me as much lift as I could while still just touching the light bar at full compression and nearly touching the radiator at the same time. Haven't got my tire in yet, but in order to maintain the same clearance as the original tire based only on the theoretical tire size rather than actual tire dimensions, the fender needs to be lifted 0.787" and I know I'm a bit short of that. Another thing worth noting is that it would appear Honda did curve the front of the fender down a bit at the leading edge making this the point of minimum clearance. We'll see what it's like once I get a tire mounted, but I suspect the 1" fork risers are a good idea for anybody considering using the Shinko 705 on the front.

+1 for the shinko's. was one of the first things i did when I got my 2012 last month. Ditched the latex glove thin metzelers that were toast in 4900 miles. Put on the 705s at the reviews here on the forum. what a revolutionary move that was. and to think they're near the cheapest, likely longest lasting. Sometimes things just make sense, very occasionally. thanks to all who'd advised for these tires.

I'm about to do this, but I'm considering just drilling a new hole for the middle mount rather than trying to deal with a strap there.

Back