• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

24 Hours owner review

FrankQC

Reaction score
Visit site
I am the crazy guy that managed to sell his 2008 GL1800 (Goldwing) to get a NC700X yesterday... Go figure...

Anyway, here is a complete review of the first 24 hours I've had this little bike, knowing I used to have a bike with a lot more power and luxury over the past years:

/BeginningOfReview
"WOW"
/EndOfReview

I guess that's about as detailed as I can go. Do I miss the Premium sound system, navigation, heated seats, wind deflection, engine power ? Maybe just a little bit. Do I miss the (absence of) fun factor, weigth, fuel consumption, pegs / pipes scraping, shifter clunk, front suspension issues ? Absolutely NO !

Every bike has its own personality and purpose, and I'm glad I had the chance (read: money) to give a Goldwing a try. Now that my 3 year trial period is over (lol), I'll stick to a smaller bike and enjoy the curves a lot more. Well that's just me. Instead of getting somewhere in a hurry on the freeway as I used to do on the GL, I'll be heading more on small country roads and REALLY enjoy riding, as it is supposed to be.

As usual, YMMV...

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr. Seuss

I too came from many different bikes in the past... Got mine for almost 2 weeks and almost 600 miles...

One word... "Love this little bike!!!!"

I traded in a 2010 GL1800 with Navi on the NC700. I agree with you. I really don't miss the extra 450 or so pounds and never really used the heated seats and grips down here in Florida. The Goldwing audio and navigation systems have been replaced with an iPhone and a bluetooth headset. I do however really miss that big honkin' seat and Utopia backrest on longer rides :) , and the Go Cruise throttle lock doesn't work quite as we'll as a good old electronic cruise control. Still, I'm really enjoying the NC.

Bob

I traded in a 2010 GL1800 with Navi on the NC700. I agree with you.

Cool, I never thought that someone in here could understand the 1162 CC trade I did !

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr. Seuss

Well, I KEPT my 2002 Goldwing and added the NC700X. The NC700 replaced a Ninja 250 playbike. Plus I keep a 50cc scooter and a dirt bike, and sometimes ride my wife's 250cc scooter. Every bike has it's purpose. Believe it or not, If I had to sell all but one machine, as great as the NC700X is, I would sell all and keep the Goldwing. Who knows? Maybe the next Goldwing model will based on the New Concept in some way!

Greg

Last edited:
Interesting. Lots of wing converts. :)

Welcome to the group. This is a great forum.

I was lucky and got to keep my wing:
nc21.jpg

The NCX is certainly my commuter/goto bike though. I got a feeling that the NCX miles will eventually exceed the wing's miles. It's just so much fun to ride.

Of course, you can still get caught in the accessory storm. I've added the factory bags and rear rack, a power distribution block, hardwired GPS, heated grips and am going to finish my heated jacket liner controller install tonight. Center stand and touring windshield are on order. It's a great platform to customize.

WGW

Back