• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the bike out for a 3 mile ride to check out the new footpegs. I have written up a review on the NC750 mods sub-forum that is waiting on admin approval.

Posted on the NC750 Modifications sub-forum, "Highway Pegs" thread, second page, post #33.

Last edited:
I rode out at 7:30 am to meet the motorcycle club for breakfast. After breakfast I took the long way home and ended up crossing the Appalachian Trail 3 or 4 times. Very windy and the clouds were soon gone. It was warmer at 7:30 am when I left the house than when I got home at 1:00 pm. About 150 miles for the day.

Attachments

• IMG_3706.jpg
    IMG_3706.jpg
    738.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3707.jpg
    IMG_3707.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3708.jpg
    IMG_3708.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Took the bike out for the first time since Tuesday. Had a mate visiting and wasn't in any state to be in charge of a vehicle until today.
Wind, rain but warm enough.

I did the 4th leg of the Polar Bear Grand Tour today. As is normal for this time of year the morning started of cool, but warmed up nicely eventually hitting 52 degrees F. Today was a 3 layer day. I was able to strip off one layer at noon. The check in point was in Vineland New Jersey. I don't find central New Jersey very pretty this time of year, so no scenic photos. I did see that the Pinelands Golf Club was having a Sinatra Sunday with brunch and dinner items that were Farank Sinatra's favorites.

The photo below shows 1/3 to 1/2 of the riders. It's hard to estimate as people were constantly coming and going. 136 miles for the day.

IMG_3716.jpg

Rain predicted starting at 10 am so I was on the road at 8:30. Had one rutting buck run up to the edge of the road, spot me and turn back into the woods. 42 miles @ 44 degrees and overcast for day # 299.

spent 3.5 days and 900 miles in Southern Virginia and Southeastern West Virginia riding the mountains, seeing the "Great Big Thing" (a/k/a Green Bank Telescope), Seneca Rocks, etc. etc. Perfect weather -- although had to break out the heated gear for the ride home (happy for those and the heated grips). 2015 DCT did great -- no issues, and the Sargeant seat was pretty darned comfy until the very end of each day (and nothing, other than possibly a RDL, would likely have done better). Absolutely gorgeous mountain roads and twisties.

spent 3.5 days and 900 miles in Southern Virginia and Southeastern West Virginia riding the mountains, seeing the "Great Big Thing" (a/k/a Green Bank Telescope), Seneca Rocks, etc. etc. Perfect weather -- although had to break out the heated gear for the ride home (happy for those and the heated grips). 2015 DCT did great -- no issues, and the Sargeant seat was pretty darned comfy until the very end of each day (and nothing, other than possibly a RDL, would likely have done better). Absolutely gorgeous mountain roads and twisties.
Love that area. Here are some routes we ride down there (includes Seneca Rocks, Snowshoe, Scenic Hwy, Hawks Nest, New Gauley Bridge etc)

V7SFJog.jpg

I’m a bit behind reporting, but last week I spent three days riding the NC and two nights camping near the Wabash River, which forms part of the state border of Illinois and Indiana. The weather was 55F to 70F (great for November) and dry, no wind. I crossed the Wabash River on 6 different bridges, but by far the most interesting was the Wabash Cannonball Bridge. Formerly a railroad bridge, it has been converted to single lane vehicle traffic. The $2 motorcycle toll is paid at the booth in the Illinois town of Francisville. Once down in the bridge area, you can hang out and ride it as much as you wish, but this is a spooky bridge to ride on a motorcycle. You need to keep your head high to stay on the wheel track boards, but look down at times to watch for missing boards or irregularities. The penalty for mismanaging the ride is ending up in the center on railroad ties, or perhaps in the river.

A surprising amount of traffic seemed to cross this bridge in the short time I was there. Here is a link to the bridge history: https://historicbridges.org/bridges/browser/?bridgebrowser=indiana/wabashcannonball/. See my photos below taken on my previous visit here last spring.

E69A5C1C-E44E-47D6-90A8-CC8567942608.jpeg
D05BD3B3-63E4-484C-88DD-576B21F2FDA8.jpeg96937892-DAE2-49B4-9607-BB3C24AE133E.jpegA4F19C21-BFC3-4B4B-BBF1-8F1219246892.jpeg

If you rode those bridges you are a far braver man than I. I could undoubtedly do it, but I sure wouldn't feel comfortable doing it. I wouldn't even feel comfortable doing those in a car.
Honestly, smooth, curvy, two lane roads are fun for awhile, but I get bored. Sooner or later I find myself looking for interesting old bridges, a dirt road that leads to a cemetery in the forest, or remote gravel road over a levee, etc.

Day 300...52 degrees and light rain bath for today's 40-mile ride.

Today's ride accomplishes my annual goal of riding at least 300 days a year (with 40 days still to go).

Still need 1195 miles in the next 40 days to make my riding 20K mile a year goal though. If the weather doesn't turn to mush should be doable.

670cc, I have ridden over that bridge a couple of times. It is not for the faint of heart. At the time, you could not ride in the center at all due to missing boards, 2-3 missing boards in multiple areas-too wide to bump across. The secret was looking straight ahead and not down. One could easily end up in the river down below.

Hadn't rode in weeks, but today got the usual folks out for a bit (Taco Tuesday). BMW guy showed up too. Stopped and paid respects to the roadside memorial setup last week for the fallen biker we knew. I was told he died from a broken neck received in the crash, I suspected it was something internal seeing how the other guys said he didn't have a scratch on him. It was their first ride since the incident and spirits were good despite the one tragic destination. I took a pic of our bikes parked at the spot but I don't feel it needs to be posted here.

I’m a bit behind reporting, but last week I spent three days riding the NC and two nights camping near the Wabash River, which forms part of the state border of Illinois and Indiana. The weather was 55F to 70F (great for November) and dry, no wind. I crossed the Wabash River on 6 different bridges, but by far the most interesting was the Wabash Cannonball Bridge. Formerly a railroad bridge, it has been converted to single lane vehicle traffic. The $2 motorcycle toll is paid at the booth in the Illinois town of Francisville. Once down in the bridge area, you can hang out and ride it as much as you wish, but this is a spooky bridge to ride on a motorcycle. You need to keep your head high to stay on the wheel track boards, but look down at times to watch for missing boards or irregularities. The penalty for mismanaging the ride is ending up in the center on railroad ties, or perhaps in the river.

A surprising amount of traffic seemed to cross this bridge in the short time I was there. Here is a link to the bridge history: https://historicbridges.org/bridges/browser/?bridgebrowser=indiana/wabashcannonball/. See my photos below taken on my previous visit here last spring.

View attachment 53238
View attachment 53235View attachment 53236View attachment 53237
Just inferring from your response to @the Ferret that you did ride this bridge? Am I correct on that? I'm with him in that though I could do it, I don't want to!

Day 300...52 degrees and light rain bath for today's 40-mile ride.

Today's ride accomplishes my annual goal of riding at least 300 days a year (with 40 days still to go).

Still need 1195 miles in the next 40 days to make my riding 20K mile a year goal though. If the weather doesn't turn to mush should be doable.
Curious. Is there a "next bike" in you thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back