• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday we washed both bikes. I told my wife that this reminded me of the time we went to the prom and I washed and cleaned the car twice to make sure it was perfect. Then she said I didn't take her to the prom. And that we hadn't even met yet! Yeah, well, I would have wash the car twice for her too!!!
I love the humor! That is awesome!

Woke up to a hard frost this morning. So geared up and headed out for a 52 mile ride on a route I call "the Ridge" as it follows a ridge with great views of Ohio, the Ohio River with Kentucky on the other side. It was a little colder when I woke up, but 29 degrees by the time I got down to the bank for the pic

g5kaU8W.jpg

Had my warm-n-safe heated jacket liner on about 50 % and my heated grips inside the Kemimoto muffs on 30%. Cortech textile jacket with liner, thin deerskin gloves, Tourmaster textile pants with liner, balaclava, Alpinestar boots, and HJC modular helmet. When it gets cold, I'll add the Freeze Out under gear for a base layer.

This finishes out the month with 31 of 31 days ridden for 1,779 miles

For the year 279 of 304 days ridden and 17,468 miles for the year so far.

Last edited:
Woke up to a hard frost this morning. So geared up and headed out for a 52 mile ride on a route I call "the Ridge" as it follows a ridge with great views of Ohio, the Ohio River with Kentucky on the other side. It was a little colder when I woke up, but 29 degrees by the time I got down to the bank for the pic

g5kaU8W.jpg

Had my warm-n-safe heated jacket liner on about 50 % and my heated grips inside the Kemimoto muffs on 30%. Cortech textile jacket with liner, thin deerskin gloves, Tourmaster textile pants with liner, balaclava, Alpinestar boots, and HJC modular helmet. When it gets cold, I'll add the Freeze Out under gear for a base layer.

This finishes out the month with 31 of 31 days ridden for 1,779 miles

For the year 279 of 304 days ridden and 17,468 miles for the year so far.
Great year so far. What’s the most days ridden out of any 365 day period?

Great year so far. What’s the most days ridden out of any 365 day period?
I rode 350 days in 2020 although technically 2020 was a leap year with Feb having 29 days so it was 350 days riding out of 366.

5 of the last 9 years have ridden over 300 days a year, and I only need 21 days out of the next 61 to add 2023 to the list.

The most miles in a year was in 2017 when I rode 29,105 miles, but every year since 2014 has been over 20,000 miles except 2021 @ 16,520. Need 2,533 miles in the next 2 months to top 20K again this year.

Big wheels keep on turning ;)

2 hour 70* ride today and finally got a chance to test the new'23 NC on a pothole infested back road. Very jarring and I hope my back won't hurt tomorrow. I bottomed out the forks a few times and won't be riding on that road again, (unless it's on my snowmobile).

Frost on the bike cover this morning. Will go to the shops on her later. Have been out every day since I got back.
Getting a bit nippy though.

I rode up to Arcadia for the bike fest, about 175M round trip taking a slightly longer route home. We had a heavy head wind, shifting to cross wind, on the way up and it felt a lot like work! The bike fest was actually pretty nice! Small, some nice bikes, and a very normal and friendly crowd.

Oiled the chain.
Spent the whole day riding around. Tried out the new road bypassing the town centre. Lovely smooth Tarmac but only a 60kmh zone.... Indeed...
Weather was great but got colder in the afternoon so heated grips and merino balaclava was needed. The main thing is it was dry. Quite a few other bikes out enjoying the day.

The Showkey mod (RIP) works for a lot of people. I rode the stock seat with this mod for close to 25,000 miles. To mute the appearance change of the lifted seat you can take 1” closed cell pipe insulation and cut a piece to fill the gap created when the front of the seat is lifted. The foam is pushed into the gap. I’ll look for a picture but it was 10 years ago.
I just (as in 5min ago) did the seat stock mod as seen on this forum. I wasn't mentally prepared for the gap this creates. I like this solution and will be on the lookout for some suitable foam. I think I'm good to try 1" black rubber expansion joint filler.

Today I rode the second leg of the Polar Bear Grand Tour from north of Philadelphia to Lewes Delaware. The morning started off cool but quickly warmed. About an hour into the ride I stopped and swapped out my big gauntlet gloves for mid weight insulated gloves, pulled off the neck gaitor, and turned down the heated grips. At the halfway point off came the heavy poly liner. The upper level insulation was now just a turtle neck and the riding jacket. There were a lot of bikes on the ride. Big bikes like all manner of Harleys, BMWs, trikes, and Goldwings. The NC is the smallest displacement bike I've seen so far. Total miles for the day is 278.

IMG_3661.jpgIMG_3662.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back