• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014 owners - Honda is aware of the trip meters resetting.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3648
  • Start date
Got my letter today. Called dealer and placed order for new dash.

Still haven't got the letter, but when I talked to the dealer he looked it up and scheduled me for this Thursday ...
the only day we might get rain this week. It's only about 30 miles each way so whatever. :p

Got my letter a couple of days ago....About half a foot of snow outside but I have until December 2019 to bring it in...A big Thank You to all of those that pushed Honda for this remedy...Much appreciated

As far as I'm concerned, it sure beats having the trip meter reset all the time.

Yeah maybe you're right, but mine seems to be OK now I've turned the HISS light on.

If in the long run I haven't remedied it, I will have the new dash fitted, but I'd have to have the mileage at a round figure just prior to change over, I guess I'm a bit OCD with my new bike. :rolleyes:

Yeah maybe you're right, but mine seems to be OK now I've turned the HISS light on.

If in the long run I haven't remedied it, I will have the new dash fitted, but I'd have to have the mileage at a round figure just prior to change over, I guess I'm a bit OCD with my new bike. :rolleyes:

Ah, I don't have the HISS mod option on my moto.

Got a letter today. Are you guys saying the odometer gets set back to 0?? How is that even legal???

Mine is in storage for the winter, so it won't get done till spring.

Got my letter today, the trip meters are randomly resetting on mine, sometimes zeros out, other times it goes to some random number, which has always been less than I've actually ridden. Thought I was having memory issues when it first started. :confused:

It is legal. They add a sticker to the bike with previous mileage. When you sell bike you get to add odometer plus sticker. Not how I wish the solution went, but it is what it is... Unfortunately the weather has been so crummy I haven't tested the new meter but so far so good. I guess each of us has to decide if the cure is worse than the disease.

I got my letter on Monday. My local (38.7 miles) Honda dealer was aware of the recall over a month ago. Am I happy the problem is being fixed? Yes. Am I happy with the method? No. I still love the bike. Kudos to Honda for steeping up and taking care of this.

Afraid not Jelly. The odometer goes to zero with instillation of the new meter. Just like having a brand new bike! With a sticker...

Oh I'm well aware that of that, that is why I won't be having it done (hopefully).

I think I mis read Pprior's post, I thought he was asking if the odometer randomly resets.

It was early and I couldn't have been properly awake. ;)

Got mine done today, only took about 30 mins or so, they did put a sticker on the frame with the date and current mileage at the time of the swap. They did say they contact the DMV with the info and not to try to remove the sticker as it shreds or something if you do. Now to get a few " test" rides in to check it.

The frunk lock is only on a specific range of VINs, they checked today and my bike is not in the list for that product update.

These fixes are not recalls, they are "product updates", probably ticks a different safety box legally.

Back