• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was out riding.seen another bike on side of road that would not start.(a Harley).another guy stopped,couldn't get it restarted but he didn't live to far so we got him home.it was cool seeing me,a crotch rocket rider helping a Harley.i think the guy was shocked.and of corse they had some questions for me and thought the nc 700 was kewl.

I thought we rode adventure bikes??? And, I was informed by our sport bike riders that it's the hoi polloi that call them crotch rockets (after I called what they rode crotch rockets) anyway. :D:D:D (Does three smileys count as a LMAO?)

Yeah - not a "crotch rocket" or any other kind of rocket - you have ridden the bike right??? :) "Adventure bike" is the correct turn of phrase or I use "commuter/mid-range touring bike" fairly often as well. I am forever answering questions about my bike, even from the HD crowd. I love the look on peoples faces when I either drop my helmet in the frunk or pull it out.

I put my new gps/iPhone mount on!!!
y2ury6y3.jpg

Rode north on the big island Wednesday (that is Vancouver Island ... not in Hawaii ;).... Up to Sproat Lake, where the big water bombers reside.
Today, I did a 400 km ride from there to the west coast (Ucluelet) and back home to Victoria (British Columbia... not Australia ;)
Wish you were all here... passed many bikes, mostly cruisers, (and one crotch rocket, who had previously passed me, but was subsequently sitting at the side of the road safely behind the flashing lights of a cop car!

I was trying out a borrowed telephoto lens... and sometimes couldn't get far enough away from the bike to get a good background picture...(That is the excuse I am going to use and stick to!)
P1018124.jpg
P1018144.jpgP1018142.jpg

Tried to head up to Lake Arrowhead today, about a 4 1/2 hr loop. Decided to test out my mom's modular helmet, same brand and size as mine, but definitely a different shape. Got 40 mi up the road and had to turn around due to the fit. Will have to figure a way to scuff up my new rear tire on my commute this week.

Completely cleanded the chain with toothbrush, now it is perfectly clean - it was a dirty job either way. Will wait a few hours to dry it from the water wash and WD40 cleaning, and the lube it.
Measured the chain freeplay after 5500 kms, it is exactyl 30 mm ( 25-35 mm ).

We have a very hot weather 36 celcius / 96F , and hot wind ( 25-35 km/h ). Tomorrow's forecast is 40 deg.Celsius...

It wasn't to bad... Mostly dodging HUGE rain cells all day... The Rain finally caught me in Oak Creek Canyon. Pitch black, raining, blinding headlights....Yeah, was glad to get home at 9 PM. 11 hours in the saddle...............Ouch

Last edited:
I just got back from a ride up Pikes Peak and surrounding area. Made the trip in two days going and two days returning with three nights in Colorado. Lots to see and do around Colorado Springs!
summit_me.jpgsummit_sign.jpgsummit_view.jpg
[video=youtube_share;LUmxhHwSF1c]http://youtu.be/LUmxhHwSF1c[/video]

Outstanding, I really enjoyed the video. I have not been to Pikes Peak top sense 1972. Glad to see the road now paved all the way. Are you using GoPro Black video camera?

I just got back from a ride up Pikes Peak and surrounding area.
Kewl video. My kinda conservative rider. Don't think I saw the speedo above 25 the whole time and probably no higher than 3rd. Of course, as OCR pointed out, severe consequences for missing some of those turns.

Kewl video. My kinda conservative rider. Don't think I saw the speedo above 25 the whole time and probably no higher than 3rd. Of course, as OCR pointed out, severe consequences for missing some of those turns.

Right you are. I might go a bit faster if I went again, but not by much, especially on the downhill part. I didn't see anyone trying to break any speed records the day we went and the view is too awesome to miss by going to fast anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back