• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first ever group ride happened today; 4 colleagues from work, 120 km out of which 100 on twisty roads Jura mountains near Geneva. I'm now able to say I really understand that feeling you, more experienced forum friends, were mentioning many times, member of the pack, conquering twisties, keeping "pace" , waving to other packs and lone wolves along the way. Wow! happened this morning and I'm still under impression.
On a negative note, haven't brought a camera, and my behind was not enjoying this trip. I know I was not complaining about the seat, and still won't do, as this was my first long drive and maybe my behind needs to mold, not just the seat ;)

My first ever group ride happened today; 4 colleagues from work, 120 km out of which 100 on twisty roads Jura mountains near Geneva. I'm now able to say I really understand that feeling you, more experienced forum friends, were mentioning many times, member of the pack, conquering twisties, keeping "pace" , waving to other packs and lone wolves along the way. Wow! happened this morning and I'm still under impression.
On a negative note, haven't brought a camera, and my behind was not enjoying this trip. I know I was not complaining about the seat, and still won't do, as this was my first long drive and maybe my behind needs to mold, not just the seat ;)

The dynamics of riding in a group is different from riding solo.
There are pros and cons.

However, remember one thing: more accidents happen when people ride in a group.
You mentioned "keeping pace". Don't do that. In some other groups, this is called "racing", intended or accidental.
Just go at your own pace. A group of nice people will WAIT for you.

You are absolutely right Happy, and I am too old to prove anything on two wheels :)
Occasionally i was falling behind and the guys were waiting for me. What I meant under "pace" was style of driving through curves, almost without touching brakes getting in to curve, it is excellently explained in the forum in the section about riding techniques
http://nc700-forum.com/forum/track-tech-riding-techniques/1257-pace.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I took a ride to the scenic Pemberton Meadows Road, with a stop at the Squamish Spit on the way back. It was a great day for it.IMAG0937.jpgIMAG0940.jpgIMAG0944.jpgIMAG0948.jpgIMAG0964.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0952.jpg
    IMAG0952.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 178
Yesterday I did 200km in the Black Forest (Germany) and promptly lost my red key pouch during the spirited riding.
There is nothing in the key pouch. It was dislodged from the ignition key.
It is near Werth (town).
Reward if someone finds it and turns it in.
:p

Off work today so I decided it was time to introduce Chupacabra to a horse of a different color. Packing was a little interesting.
2013-07-09_08-34-11_66.jpg
The old boy started off completely uninterested in this shiny silver horse, but then she fed him carrots and E literally started drooling on her.
2013-07-09_09-07-07_833.jpg
It was already over 90 degrees and only 9 o'clock, so we had a short dawdle around the arena, just enough to get sweaty and dirty. Then I hosed 2 of us off. Now it's time to go get the grass/drool off Chupa's seat.

I went out and got completely drenched on the way home good old Midwest storms!

Frog toggs rain gear, two thumbs down, sure it's breathable and cool but anywhere water can sit, (folds of the jacket, or crotch) gets soaked. I also may have hit some nasty rain.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373406453.890293.jpg

Amy better suggestions on rain gear?

Started my journey home. Road 400 miles in West Virginia mountains. Went west on 50 then up to St Marys. Rained whole way, 220 miles. Crossed in to Ohio to save $1.00 on my fill up. Sun came out and I headed south on 16 to Fayetville and checked out the New River Gorge Bridge. When built in 1977 it was the world's longest steel single-span arch bridge and 874 feet above the river.

Water fall on 16.
IMG_4776.JPG

Took road down to old bridge, steep with tight hairpin turns. It is now one way so go down one side of river and up other side. Crossed under new bridge several times on way down. This picture about 1/3 of way down.
IMG_4781.jpg

Perspective from old bridge.
IMG_4786.jpg

And to those who say the seat becomes OK after 1000 mile break in..... YOU ARE WRONG! :mad:

Last edited:
Weather forecast for today is a little over 100 and heat index of 110 which makes for a toasty and moist ride home so I parked the bicycle and road the NC to work today.

Yesterday I actually washed the bike (by hand and soapy water + S100).
It was the first time I actually washed the bike by hand and could "caress" the cavities and this lovely piece of machinery.
I looked and the setup of the motor and the stuff around it are typically Japanese.
:p

Psst, I washed her in my garden (side of house) which is a no no here.

My best is 76.8 mpg. That wasn't even trying to conserve fuel. Someday, I will give it a go and see if I can break 80 mph..... Or even 90.
Mike

You guys (and gals) who have been riding for a while can laugh but I had a very nice 70 mi RT ride through Elgin and Sonita today - SE AZ wine country. Temp about ideal, clear w/some nice white clouds to contrast with the blue sky, mountains on 4 sides, and pretty much no one else on the road for most of the time. Also, passed through a couple of ocotillo "forests" - why can't I get them to grow in my yard? sigh....

(no, no pix as I'm a luddite when it comes to cell phones - no texting, no web access, no posting to a forum such as this available on mine)

BTW, anyone wanting to get into the wine business, I passed a lot for "For Sale" signs. And, even if you don't want to grow grapes, beautiful country just to live in. Maybe keep a couple of horses if you like hay burners.

(no, no pix as I'm a luddite when it comes to cell phones - no texting, no web access, no posting to a forum such as this available on mine)

What, no room for a camera in your frunk? Whatcha got in there? Wine bottles? ;)

Whatcha got in there? Wine bottles? ;)
There is another thread somewhere on this forum about what people have in their frunk and another about things people wish came standard. Didn't respond to the first as I have very little there right now. In the second I suggested an insert to hold my Starbucks cups when I want to go out & bring the wife and I something back.:D Wine, no, hardly touch the stuff. Camera? I'd have to figure out how to download and post when I got home. That task is handled by the wife about the time the memory card is getting close to full.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back