• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

11,000 KMS Western Trip!

The next part of my trip was to loop the Olympic National Forest leaving from Port Townsend and coming back around to Port Angeles to catch the ferry to Vancover Island in the morning. There was some nice scenery along the way and some nice curvy road around Lake Crescent.

IMG_0784.JPG

IMG_0785.JPG

Lake Crescent
CIMG2871.JPG

CIMG2872.JPG

A view of the Pacific Ocean
CIMG2875.JPG

CIMG2874.JPG

These were the trees that are just up from the beach. I have no idea what the bulges in them were causes by. I never seen anything like that before.
CIMG2879.JPG

CIMG2884.JPG

Wind swept trees.
CIMG2893.JPG

I made my way back up to Port Angeles to catch the early morning ferry to Victoria. I've been on the ferry before and alway enjoyed it.

IMG_0809.JPG

While waiting in line this beautiful BMW was parked beside me. Talked to the rider and was told it was a limited edition. You can see the NC behind it.
IMG_0810.JPG

IMG_0819.JPG

Washington State in the background.
IMG_0817.JPG

CIMG2897.JPG

CIMG2904.JPG

British Columbia in the background.
IMG_0816.JPG

Vancouver Island
CIMG2903.JPG

CIMG2901.JPG

Victoria port.

IMG_0824.JPG

While on the ferry I talked to a guy about my trip and he suggested I ride the western part of Vancouver Island. It was a great ride with some very twisty roads that run along the ocean.

Vancouver%2BIsland.JPG

For some reason I didn't take very many pictures of this ride but it was enjoyable and took only about five hours if I remember correctly.

IMG_0828.JPG

IMG_0827.JPG

NC in the background
IMG_0829.JPG

That's all for now

Last edited:
The next leg of the journey was to ride the ferry from Nanaimo to Horse Shoe Bay then go north to Whistler and onto Cashe Creek. If you have never ridden north of Whistler it's one of those bucket list things. The scenery was amazing with little traffic and a very remote feeling. At times it felt as if I wasn't on a major highway.

Whistler%2Bto%2BCash.JPG

Just a few pictures of the crossing. I did meet a rancher from Alberta that was quite entertaining. He was telling me about how he just starting riding an old Virago and would tear up his dirt road and thought it was great fun. He was 60 years old and just started riding this year. He also mentioned that they had a grizzly problem on his ranch and they had to dispatch a few of the big critters. I mentioned to him I though they were protected and he comments back "shoot, shovel and shut up" but he always had a problem with the latter.

Horseshoe Bay
IMG_0836.JPG

IMG_0833.JPG

This photo was taken just north of Whistler as I sat and ate my lunch. For some strange reason I developed a taste for having a Mars bar and a diet Pepsi for lunch. My breakfast and dinner where always good nutrition wise but I just didn't want to waste time for a sit down lunch.
CIMG2911.JPG

Float plane taking off.
CIMG2913.JPG

North of Whistler
CIMG2919.JPG

Tracks below
CIMG2923.JPG

CIMG2917.JPG

IMG_0838.JPG

IMG_0841.JPG

Amazing road
IMG_0844.JPG