• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

0-60

I didn't state that this was the ONLY reason but I still stand by my statement that emissions & noise regulation were a factor. If this is not the case why would part of tuning be fitting a freeer flowing(noisier) exhaust?

there is worst to come if the EU get their way and Rocker is correct.
did you know that some countries in the EU have restrictions on BHP even on the fastest bike.. BHP is limited to 100 where as we are not.
we can have any bhp.
after market add on's will be restricted and only genuine parts etc to be fitted if the EU get their way. the list goes on.

there is worst to come if the EU get their way and Rocker is correct.
did you know that some countries in the EU have restrictions on BHP even on the fastest bike.. BHP is limited to 100 where as we are not.
we can have any bhp.
after market add on's will be restricted and only genuine parts etc to be fitted if the EU get their way. the list goes on.

I don't know about the power restrictions but I can say that there is a massive group in the competition sector devoted to making it easier for non genuine parts to compete. They are usually at odds with the intellectual properties group who want to defend designers' rights against piracy. Being Brussels Bureaucrats though I'm pretty sure that both groups consider themselves overworked and unappreciated. Unfortunately I used to have to follow their work for years - mostly they were confused and produced little.

For sure Rocker is correct about emissions regs and noise limits tending to restrict the growth of power and fuel economy. Just one example: 1937 Triumph Speed Twin, 500cc twin, 27 bhp, about 70mpg versus NC 700, 670cc about 50 bhp and about 70mpg.

as far as I know the French and a couple of other countries have the 100BHP limits.
the EURO-RATS want this to be across all the EU members.
taken from the UK MCN...........
100bhp limit threat
By Steve Farrell - General news 05 March 2010 17:11

Motorcycles could be subjected to 100bhp power limits under proposals to be set out by the European Commission this summer.

The Commission is expected to propose European-wide consistency on the issue, raising the prospect that countries will have to change in line with France, where a 100bhp limit is already in place.

The Department for Transport (DfT) has asked UK motorcycle groups for opinions on the plans in anticipation of the consultation.

A spokesman for the Motor Cycle Action Group (MAG) said: “The DfT has been asking us for our opinion on this and we’ve very clearly come out against a power limit for the UK.”

He said the proposals were also likely to include ABS for all new bikes. “A 100bhp limit is back on the EU agenda as part of a package of fresh controls which includes mandatory ABS.”

A draft version of the proposals published last year said of the current inconsistency between countries: “This creates a situation where a motorcycle above 74 kW [100bhp] type-approved in one country is refused in another one. This type of situation is not in line with the spirit of the internal market.

“On the other hand, it emerged from dedicated studies that the link between engine power and increase of safety cannot be demonstrated. Based on this, the Commission intends to propose an harmonisation of the EC legislation on that matter.

I missed that little story. Thanks.

I'll do some digging to find out what they're currently planning when I have some time to spare. I remember talk of the German car makers voluntarily agreeing to limit top speeds of their exotic cars some years ago, whatever the power output they were capping top speed at about 250kph but that would have been before they bought Lamborghini, Rolls Royce, Bentley etc.

Now the EU have dropped the ban on olive oil jugs and repealed the ban on excessively curved bananas they will probably feel the need to interfere somewhere else.

Big Government is the enemy of freedom.

Ludwig von Mises makes a stronger statement that "Government is the negation of liberty". You could have long and bitter arguments about how much, if any, government is needed, but I think his statement is correct regardless of the degree to which one thinks the intervention to be useful. The case is often made that without government we would have anarchy. I'm willing to try it. I can feed, clothe, and defend myself without either the government or "the economy". It might be better than a nanny state government that outlaws such things as large soft drinks and bottled water (and excessively curved bananas).

I didn't state that this was the ONLY reason but I still stand by my statement that emissions & noise regulation were a factor. If this is not the case why would part of tuning be fitting a freeer flowing(noisier) exhaust?

I didn't say it wasn't a factor but emissions equipment isn't exactly choking these engines in a stranglehold. A little searching shows me that just an exhaust alone will only net you about a 5-10 hp increase. Not exactly the performance killing ultra restrictive engine killer most people make it out to be. We've gone past the 1970's when smog devices were first put on cars and power dropped by 2/3's or more. Most people change out the exhaust just to get more noise. Power increases are negligible. I laugh at the people who like to show me the $1500 titanium and carbon exhaust that saves them 7 pounds, they tell me it makes the bike faster. I tell them if you want to be faster on the track there's two things you should focus on, rider skill, and getting rid of the 75 pounds of excess rider. You can put tens of thousands into your sport bike, you ain't gonna lighten it more than simply cutting out the triple cheeseburgers. It's almost always like that, the people most concerned about their bikes weight also tend to be the fattest riders on the road.

When you have such high horsepower it barely makes a difference. But I'll tell you, I also ride and tune small scooters. If you can increase the power of those engines you can actually feel it, especially on a small 50cc engine, if you can go from 4 hp to 7 hp, that's a huge increase in performance. And I can tell you it's not just by swapping the exhaust. And everyone on the scooter boards who also tunes can attest that to get real gains in hp the exhaust is usually the last place to get it. The best places to get power in order of best bang for the buck are intake, cams, ignition timing, compression mods, exhaust, then cylinder boring.

Last edited:
Please forgive the resurrection of this zombie thread, but I wanted to throw in my two cents. I found this forum while researching the NC700X because I'm in the market for a bike, and a dealer close to me is drastically discounting 2013 NC700s. I can get the 2013 NC700X for just a few hundred bucks more than a 2015 CB500x. I currently ride an '03 Rebel 250, which I chose for economy, dependability, easy maintenance, and low purchase price. If I was worried about 0-60 times, I would have avoided it like the plague, since it scores in around the 12 second range. 0-40 or so would be a better comparison for this bike. It tops out at about 70 mph, and doesn't have much acceleration left at 50 or over. That said, it's great in town, and I usually have no problem pulling ahead of a pack of cages from a light... Stats can be helpful, but quite misleading as well. Most of us will never match the listed times on our bikes, and will be faster on a bike that fits us and that we're comfortable with. I pass Harleys on my little 250 "weedwhacker" because a lot of the posers who ride them will never really learn to ride them. [/soapbox]

There are so many personal factors that go into the bike you ride, I always laugh when people on other forums complain about the NC700 slow speed or low red line, while never having ridden the bike! If speed is what you are looking for then only the Suzuki Hayabusa will do unless you have the dough for a Doge Tomahawk.

dodge.jpg

500 HP Dodge Tomahawk 0-60 in 2.5 and tops out at 420 MPH - Industry Tap

It will go where ANY other road/adventure bike goes, in a comfortable, reliable and stylish manner and that's why it envys loads of people with bigger ones.

Could it be stronger regarding the engine? 30% more power would be just perfect for me, but still I love it.

Like every year, in The first week of september, me and My friends from forum club gp800, we make a dragscoot. Most of it, are Gilera gp800 (my previous bike total modified).

This year i went with my nc750x. Automatic S mode.

Result 0-200 meters:

9e466c2aa13988df363cb7e6cc120b31.jpg

Top speed:
d055a6abcc7078a84fed39c8058c70b6.jpg

f863d8fbc17e9b89bcd80a57363dbdf2.jpg

2fc971ba3af0faa4b69a89502ec3775a.jpg

Official telemetry system

Last edited:
I test rode the CB500X, after buying the NC700X they are both about the same as performance numbers go or are close, but the NC700X is more comfortable power wise, and the size of the bike, to is great, i can spread out a little more on the NC700X.

The weight is a little more for the NC700X but I could Not tell the difference as the NC700X feels Lighter than it is.

the NC700X's lower revs from the engine provides a feeling of less performance, But 0-60 in 4.9 sec. is fast enough for me to be comfortable and have power to spare, while the greater low end torque provides a much easier slow ride ability that is one of the NC700's best features.

Looking at some of the passing speed numbers, they are not really good number for me as they were in top gear, If I am going to pass i am going to drop a gear, at least to 5th maybe to 4th gear, then full throttle, while going through the gears.

Those 40-70 passing times were not realistic for the NC700X

When I see some of the problems that some owners of CB500 bike, I am very happy I did not get the CB500, I was on the CB500 Forum recently, they are still having engine problems with some of them, While I am sure it may be the Minority that have problems.

You would think Honda would have Corrected all of the problems and fixed there assembly line by now, with More retraining, maybe daily retraining. With Modern Quality Control you would think Honda would know exactly who built what when and fix the problem.

Last edited:
Back