• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

0-60

Test's done by cycle world magazine on a manual non abs model
1/4-mile 13.86 sec. @ 94.23 mph
0-30 mph 1.6 sec.
0-60 mph 4.9 sec.
0-90 mph 11.9 sec.
0-100 mph 17.3 sec.
Top gear time to speed:
40-60 mph 6.9 sec.
60-80 mph 8.7 sec.
Measured top speed 111 mph
Engine speed at 60 mph 3229 rpm

And my favorite part =)
NC700X-HP0Torque_DYNO.jpg

gotta love that torque curve, this looks very much like my friends 2001 GSR integra's TQ and HP curves. Looking at this im gunna go out on a limb and guess our bikes have variable valve timing.. at least on the intake

These things were important to know to me before buying the bike, because a lot of reviewers state how it is "no sport bike" when you accelerate, which was fine for me as long as it was faster than my car =). I could not own a bike that was not at least a couple seconds faster than my car 0-60.

Last edited:
Most motorcycle's power-to-weight ratio is superior to cars. So if you want to compare 0-60mph, you'd be surprised how well motorcycles do against cars. Even on my CBR250R, it can probably do 0-60 in 8 seconds. It's combined weight is probably 515 lbs (I weight 150). With 24 HP, it's 21.5 lbs/HP. That's equivalent to a mid-size family sedan with a 4-cylinder engine (ie. Altima with 170 HP).

With me on it, the NCX has a ratio of 11.57 lbs / HP, it would be on par with a Z350 with about 300HP. It makes sense that they have similar 0-60 time. But after 60mph, I think cars are going to win out, due to it's lower coefficient of drag.

Now is all this information going to help me love my bike more or less? Since most of the stuff is beyond my feeble comprehension, I'm just going to get on the little darlin and ride. What I do know is that when I'm in a line of cars at a traffic light I have to go real easy on starting up or I'll ride up somebody's tail pipe. That's fast enough for me.

" It's the [cycle] that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs. I've outrun Imperial starships. Not the local bulk cruisers mind you, I'm talking about the big Corellian ships now. She's fast enough for you old man. What's the cargo?"

My 2 cents about "performance" is this:

See you at the top of the mountain, sportsbikes with >199PS , Tourers >1999cc, Harleys >19999 dB pipes, etc.

Most of the time, I am happily sipping my coffee when they come into the parking area...

Now, that works well for me.
0-60? That is so .....straight line.
:p

" It's the [cycle] that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs. I've outrun Imperial starships. Not the local bulk cruisers mind you, I'm talking about the big Corellian ships now. She's fast enough for you old man. What's the cargo?"

This is not the [cycle] you are looking for. :p

besides if the other cars and bikes are faster, that means they will have to stop for fuel sooner. I will still win the race and have lunch in the frunk.
the weather after the show Sunday was really bad it was a wet 100 miles home TONY. DALE

the weather after the show Sunday was really bad it was a wet 100 miles home TONY. DALE

Oh no, you had to ride the NCX all the way back after the show on Sunday? That sucks. It was raining freezing cats and dogs... sideways! It was really nice to have met you, Dale. I enjoyed seeing your NCX, as well.

To me the performance doesn't matter as I just want to be able to run with the traffic of which it is more than capeable. However those that claim that they can outrun much more powerful sportsbikes must be excellent riders or the sportbike rider must be very poor. For instance I can ride the local twisties quicker on my Crossrunner than I can my NC and the Crossrunner is hardly a sportsbike. To my mind two bikes being ridden by the same person is a better comparrison than them being ridden by riders of different abilities

Last edited:
............. gotta love that torque curve, this looks very much like my friends 2001 GSR integra's TQ and HP curves. Looking at this im gunna go out on a limb and guess our bikes have variable valve timing.. at least on the intake..........
Nada on the variable valve timing. It's fixed although the valve timing isn't the same for both cylinders.

See you at the top of the mountain, sportsbikes with >199PS , Tourers >1999cc, Harleys >19999 dB pipes, etc.

Most of the time, I am happily sipping my coffee when they come into the parking area...

I have a few buddies on GL1800's that will give you a run for you money.....................

If I have to race a wing in a straight line, I'm toast. My wing buddies smoke me in the straights pretty bad.
When we hit the curves I'm on my brakes watching the wings and cruisers loosing weight and throwing a lot of sparks.
Curves I win, straights they win. But I always win when we fill the tanks.:p Guess that's one reason I sold my wing.

LOL, But when your trying to get away from a teenage girl texting or a policeman typing on his pc. A quicker 0-60 is a good thing.

Only passengers. Myself, the boy, 2 droids and no questions asked..... What is this some sort of local trouble? Lets just say we'd like to avoid any imperial entanglements

Test's done by cycle world magazine on a manual non abs model
1/4-mile 13.86 sec. @ 94.23 mph
0-30 mph 1.6 sec.
0-60 mph 4.9 sec.
0-90 mph 11.9 sec.
0-100 mph 17.3 sec.
Top gear time to speed:
40-60 mph 6.9 sec.
60-80 mph 8.7 sec.
Measured top speed 111 mph
Engine speed at 60 mph 3229 rpm

And my favorite part =)
View attachment 2210

gotta love that torque curve, this looks very much like my friends 2001 GSR integra's TQ and HP curves. Looking at this im gunna go out on a limb and guess our bikes have variable valve timing.. at least on the intake

These things were important to know to me before buying the bike, because a lot of reviewers state how it is "no sport bike" when you accelerate, which was fine for me as long as it was faster than my car =). I could not own a bike that was not at least a couple seconds faster than my car 0-60.

I was just thinking this! I happen to own a 2001 Acura Integra GS-R. My other ride.

The only real thing that concerned me when I took an NC700 for a test ride, was how *slow* it went, lol!

My F800ST was so miserable to ride slow, that I just couldn't bear it. Between the snatchy throttle, the horrible constant stalling from some unknown EFI/Computer issue, the high gearing (I could go over 60 mph in first gear) etc., I hated life on it when stuck in traffic or just trying to putter about and smell the roses.

When slowly chuffing along in first gear on the NCX, at 10 kph with no hand on the throttle, smooth as silk, I knew I was in love.

Trying to do that on my BMW and it would buck and gag and stop dead, doing it's level best to spit you off, after the most horrible grinding/crunching noises emanated from it's engine cases.

Would it eat the NCX alive in 0-60? Good Lord yes! Was it worth it? Good Lord no!

Thank heavens there are other, better ways to measure a motorcycle's prowess than a spec sheet figure, on a bike's brief few seconds spent trying to get to 60 mph.

Edit: as an interesting aside note; my 1982 CX500Turbo, with the world's first computer/EFI on a motorcycle, was every bit as excellent as the NC700X is 30 years later, in regards to fueling perfection, and it too, would smoothly glide along in first gear, with no throttle input. No hiccups, no coughing or hacking, no stalling, no drama.

My F800ST nearly killed me and caused nasty back and muscle strain stalling out uncountable times over the three years I suffered with it.

Last edited:
LBS I have the same aversion to owning any bike that can't ride 'slow' I test rode 14 bikes before i got the NC and have to say that although they were all bar one absolutely amazing machines the majority of them failed on the slow riding, The only ones that could do it were all the Triumphs (maybe its a 3 cylinder thing) and the NC
Mike

Back