• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Out and About

Deckyon

Reaction score
raven.deckyon.com
So I got home this past evening and decided to take a ride out into the near country. I was never more than 20 to 30 minutes or so from home. I ended up being up at the Ohio River in the small town of Westport, KY. There isn’t much to say about the town, it is barely a few blocks big, but it does have a huge waterfront area with boat docks and landings. However, there is a small road that juts off KY524 called Eighteenmile Creek Road. (Google Map) The road runs along, you guessed it, Eighteenmile Creek. There are homes and farms on both side, with the home opposite the creek having driveways going through the creek. No truck, no crossings, in some places. There were some neat places back there. I didn’t really stop, but for one place, just as I turned on the road. The remains of a bridge were on the right.

I continued until the road ended, at KY524 (Google Map) and made a left, seeing if I could head back towards the river. I continued along this road, sometimes trying out a side road, which usually ended at a gate with “Posted” signs. Eventually it also lead back to Westport. Along the way, though, there were a few shots I took and one I really like with Raven in the foreground and an abandoned house in the background. I took the road back into Westport and made a left back onto KY524 and headed to US42. Once there, I headed home as the sun was going down quick. Overall, I was out nearly 2.5 hours, and covered 75 miles.

img_3038.jpg

img_3048.jpg

img_3033.jpg

img_3034.jpg

img_3035.jpg

img_3037.jpg

img_3056.jpg

img_3058.jpg

img_3040.jpg

img_3042.jpg

img_3044.jpg

img_3045.jpg

img_3046.jpg

img_3050.jpg

img_3052.jpg

"One I really like with Raven in the foreground"

Raven 2.jpg

Ravin 1.jpg

Folks say that "You reap what you sow". The "Raven" neither reaps, nor sows, nor barns, yet he still eats quite well!

My family crest.

Last edited:
Thanks. I am hoping this is what my summer and fall will be like. Had to stop twice to clear the face shield of bugs just to see (one thing you dont have to worry about in winter)... but that is of little import. I was messing with the HDR settings to see what I could get. Only with the phone (iPhone 5S).

Back