• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

new to NC

nortonbrian

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up a low mileage 2012 DCT yesterday, rode it home 100 miles, wonderful. After 70 years of shifting and clutching, on and off road, i think this will enable me to keep riding despite arthritis. Only gripe i have is the footrest position, is there a good kit to move them lower and forward, ideal at 45 degrees. I am not bothered about the brake pedal as i can always cut and weld. Looking forward to getting a lot of good rides in.

Welcome to the NC community. When I bought my 2013 DCT used it was equipped with Kuryakyn highway pegs that clamped onto the frame down tubes on each side of the engine. I removed them and sold them to a member here. The model is Kuryakyn #7993 ISO Dually with 1 1/4" clamps. You can see them folded up in this photo.

IMG_1001.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. That’s quite an impressive riding record - 70 years. Wow!

Picked up a low mileage 2012 DCT yesterday, rode it home 100 miles, wonderful. After 70 years of shifting and clutching, on and off road, i think this will enable me to keep riding despite arthritis. Only gripe i have is the footrest position, is there a good kit to move them lower and forward, ideal at 45 degrees. I am not bothered about the brake pedal as i can always cut and weld. Looking forward to getting a lot of good rides in.
Very tenured rider! Really glad to hear that you found something to keep the curriculum vitae going by adding the NC to your list! Ride safely and enjoy the bike!

I have been riding since the early sixties and after the ninth bike I got a new NC with DCT. Bikes have more gears nowadays and I had enough of shifting them. My feet are mostly numb, and this is a welcome bike at 80. I got some lowered pegs online and like them a lot (at 6' 1"). No need to weld anything, the brake pedal and taillight switch is adjustable.

Welcome! I’m also an NC newbie, having also recently picked up a 2012 (although it’s an S, not an X, and manual shift).

Mine is a 2013 S. A few aftermarket things on it and it is my daily ride.

Welcome all. It’s good to see more S model owners on the forum.

Mine is a 2013 S. A few aftermarket things on it and it is my daily ride.
Luckily, mine had most of what I would have put on it anyway! Givi crash bars, Givi side bag mounts (no bags), SW Motech Kobra handguards, and heated grips! It has a CalSci windshield, but I don’t like it, so I bought a Givi. Oh, and I don’t need the lowering links. They’re going ASAP.

Luckily, mine had most of what I would have put on it anyway! Givi crash bars, Givi side bag mounts (no bags), SW Motech Kobra handguards, and heated grips! It has a CalSci windshield, but I don’t like it, so I bought a Givi. Oh, and I don’t need the lowering links. They’re going ASAP.
Mine came with Puig screen and crash bars, pyramid hugger and Oxford heated grips. I added a front fender extender, USB and am replacing the spots that came with it.

Back