• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

your cruisin rpm

tree huggin hippie

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel the bike is best at 3 to 4000 rpm but my dealer says he would be in top gear at 50mph i keep it in 4th under 50.What are peoples preferences

The DCT in D mode will be in top gear at 39 MPH. So anything above 39 is OK in sixth, as far as the bike cares.

Ride it however you like; it wont hurt anything.

Greg

I agree. The manual shows 6th gear @ 39 mph. In traffic @ 2200 rpm you've got nothing if you roll on the throttle. No engine braking either. I run 3000-3500 rpm and still get 62-68 mpg.

At 39 mph I'm still in 4th at about 3000 rpm. Over 40 I shift to 5th and over 50 to 6th. Averaging 70 mpg with this format.

I tend to keep mine at ~4k in 6th for most of my "cruising"....that puts me between 120 and 130kph (75-80mph). Too bad virtually all the roads I ride on have a limit of 80kph or less. So far the cops never seem to be where I am. If I have to pass I'll kick it into 4th or 5th, but nine times out of ten I'm in 6th.

I like to keep mine above 3000rpm, usually shift into 6th @60-65 mph. I don't like the way she feels otherwise.
Hey OCR, didn't they just raise some of your limits to 80? I remember hearing them talk about it. Just be glad you're but in the northeast, they're still 55 on a lot of freeways.

I like to keep mine above 3000rpm, usually shift into 6th @60-65 mph. I don't like the way she feels otherwise.
Hey OCR, didn't they just raise some of your limits to 80? I remember hearing them talk about it. Just be glad you're but in the northeast, they're still 55 on a lot of freeways.

The lawmakers here in Michigan are still debating on raising the speed limit to 80 mph. The problem is, most vehicles start loosing MPG after 70 mph. But then again, that's a win in the oil companies pocket.

Keeping mine above 3k rpm when shifting, but highway cruise speed is around 4k rpm. In Florida, Internstate speed limit is 70mph (unless otherwise posted), but everyone knows that really means 80mph. I think the sweet spot on this bike is around 70mph - 75mph for me at cruising speed.

I try to stay as close to or below 3,000 rpm's,this is where my best mpg's are.If I could cruise at 2,800 that would be best but at 60mph I'm around 3,200-3,300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back