• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

yet another windscreen post...

Took it out for a little spin today, didn't play as much as I'd like to. Found the position in the picture kept the wind completely off of my head. Still plenty of wind on my shoulders/arms but I'm ok with that, happy about it really. Made a pretty big difference in helmet noise and my heated jacket worked better too.

i use had a puig(not bad,specially with my own clip on extender), now i have this one. works for me. looks imo better than puig
don't know about barkbusters
bulle-hp-ermax-10cm.jpg

I'm 6'1"

my NC came with a Calsci screen that was cracked and I didnt like the look of it, I purchased a Madstad and returned (too big for my liking) I dont want a HUGE screen, I got a OEM screen from a forum member, got a Zero Gravity, and also I made my own with a piece of plastiglass:

OEM wind hits my on my neck/throat
Zero Grav : wind hits on my head and makes my head bounce side to side and its SUPER NOISY
my own screen : wind hits me on my arms/shoulders

at this point I dont know what to do??? I;m thinking about a PUIG with deflector,but I hate to spend another 200.00 and not like the screen, Im tempeted to drill the Zero Grav screen and add my own deflector and see if that helps??

I also have the Puig touring screen. I'm 5'7", 30" inseam. The OEM screen directed wind right at my throat (pushing my jacket's collar into my throat) and gave me somewhat of a gag reflex while riding. After installing the Puig and testing it out I realized it was even worse. Wind was now directed straight at my face making helmet noise unbearably loud. So I added a Puig clip on visor, and now all's well. Without the visor the Puig was awful. But with the visor it is much, much better than the stock screen and vastly better than the Puig alone. But if I had it to do all over again, I'd probably try a Madstad first.

i'm 5'9. with this screen and homemade clip on extention it was perfect. unfortunately broke it after a small crash. now i have one that i posted above.
0f9ddc396d1e.jpg

So after playing with the puig and the deflector I'm going to say that maybe I've found the sweet spot for me.?.

It takes some playing with, and oddly, the best position for me isn't at the highest setting. One of the settings was throwing the wind and hitting the top of the helmet causing it to get this buzzing/vibrating feeling. Kind of odd.

The spot I have it now, I'm pretty much in a cushion of dead air, really weird feeling when you're used to fighting the wind. This is pretty much perfect, but only works with both hands on the grips. when I take my left hand off I get that vibration, strange, not a big deal, but strange.

Helmet venting is pretty much killed, chin vent is worthless now and the top vent isn't as good as it could be, but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Overall, I'm happy with my setup.

Back