• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

yet another windscreen post...

frozenpoet

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm finally thinking about changing from the stock windscreen. After over 20000 miles including several long trips I'm looking to cut the wind down. I've had my eye on the sleeker looking screens, givi and zero gravity are two. Looks are still important to me as function hasn't completely taken over yet. The other thing to consider is I have barkbusters so I need a screen that wont interfere with them. So whats the general recommendations? I know to a point it's a personal choice, but any advice would help.

I'm 6 foot tall and tent to ride slouched.

I can only guess that "looks are still important" translates to "I'm really not interested in the Madstad." Otherwise, Madstad is what I would recommend.

The risk with a typical mid size screen is they put the wind blast in your face and the noise and buffeting can be worse than the short stock screen. I think a mid size screen, admittedly better in appearance than a large screen, will still need a deflector of some sort to put the wind blast over your helmet.

I've decided it's big screen or no screen; either is fine. Choose mid size with caution.

I will start with I don't have a lot of miles on yet but. I really like me V-stream. I have the 22in. touring screen. I think the shorter version looks better. I want the shorter version for summer. I have Barkbuster Storms and have no issues with hitting the screen. Hope this helps.

I went for looks on my first replacement windscreen and in my opinion the Puig is the best looking. The drawback, it provides the best results with the clip-on visor but even that looks good when installed. I did make contact with the brake cable but not the hand guards at full lock to the left. Rox Risers fixed that. I'm not sure if you already have those. My two cents!

Im using the factory touring windshield and its working great for me. Im 5 foot 11 1/2 inches. I did paint the metal bracket black which allows it to blend into the bike

The madstad would be my first choice, but i just don't like the looks... petty i know lol.

The clip on visor/deflector is an option that I would do also if needed.

I'm really only doing any of this for one long trip.

Looks VS function = you already have it on the bike. Such a personal choice is difficult to address. Going any other way than what you have now will lean towards function.

I put a Puig clear windscreen on about 2 wks. ago and like it. Of course, I'm only 5' 8". I have no helmet buffeting and it sure keeps the cold air off my torso. It is the Touring model. I got it for $122. Was looking at CalSci but they were $244.

I'm a tall-torso 5-11, and the Puig puts the air on my shoulders & right about at bottom of eye port opening on my full face (makes it loud at my helmet, but no buffeting). I will go back to the stock for the hot months.

I just can't take the glass door look of the calsci & Madstads.

I have a zero gravity tall windscreen and really like the looks and function of it. The wind does hit me about eye level and it's a little louder but I too care about the looks too much to go with a madstad even though I'm sure they are awesome windshields.

IMG_0201.jpg

Well, I just pulled the trigger on the puig touring screen with the extra adjustable deflector piece. Now it's a waiting game.

So, I got my new shield today and installed it, not too bad. The barkbusters do rub it slightly, but only at full lock, which I don't normally hit unless I'm parking.

I am 5'9" and I'm glad I added the clip on visor to my Puig. It does not come close to blocking my view.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

I was kind of surprised that the screen was still as short as what it is, I can see over it without a problem. In the Pic I have the clip-on mounted and in the lowest position. I haven't had a chance to test it yet as weather has been bad, but hopefully this weekend I get get a little test in.

Here is the Puig vs Stock.

IMG_1035.jpg

I have been happy with my Cee Bailey shield. I went tall and the laminar lip has the air going over my helmet with it set in the low position.

8f6e714d-5317-4b41-a47c-73fcfa224fb7006_zps0f937eef.jpg

I am 6 feet tall.

Back