• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Yes, yes, let's talk about the weather.

WHY I CAN'T RIDE TODAY

The roads may be clear now, but the first 300 feet down my driveway is the killer. Sigh. Maybe next weekend.
100_6718.jpg

WHY I CAN'T RIDE TODAY
The roads may be clear now, but the first 300 feet down my driveway is the killer. Sigh. Maybe next weekend.

I feel for you. 50 degrees here today but so much snow left to melt that it would be too messy to ride. I think it's worse to have good enough weather to ride but road conditions prevent it than to just have plain old bad weather. :(

WHY I CAN'T RIDE TODAY

I feel for you man. My in-laws are done with it too. My supervisor is lives in Illinois too and he said he's had enough.

LOL! 670cc, you must be the only one left up north because with all the out of state tags I see here in Florida, I figure everyone else is down here! Pretty nice riding weather though, so you might as well just take some time off and come on down.

Well, it's minus 5, snowing like crazy and I'm inside drinking beer and celebrating Canada having won Gold in Hockey.

I call that a draw on not being able to be out riding my motorcycle, so all is good. :D

Driveway finally thawed out again but it was 8'F when I left for work this morning and we are again expecting another winter storm Sunday. The road crews have already put down brine on the interstate

The good news: Insurance coverage for road use goes back on my bike in 2 weeks!

The bad news: Temp was -26F this morning, and the 10 day forecast shows only 3 days above 20 degree highs.
Still have close to 2' of snow on the ground. Unsure when I will be able to get back in the saddle again.

Last edited:
I actually road a motorcycle today! I rode my Goldwing 1800 the 55 feet from my barn to my garage so I could begin some maintenance. It took at least 10 minutes to get there. She was hopelessly spinning the rear wheel at one point, so I had to dig out a little crunchy snow from underneath and put some sand down. I guess my dirt riding experience paid off. :)

Last edited:
Got up yesterday morning to weather channel report of 34F with afternoon sunshine and 60F. Suited up for 65 mile ride to mill. Had reservations finding Ice on bike cover from light overnight rain and actual temp colder, 28F. Bank half way in Sparta displayed 26F. My toes almost didn't make it and actually hurt a little to walk on going into mill. My coldest ride on NC so far. Rewarded with sunny 60F ride home and early 3PM start home. Took great 3 hour, exploring back roads, ride home. Several clothing layers in frunk for ride home.

Remote intersection with interesting building / campaign headquarters. Don't know if this guy won his seat on school board.

8.jpgWe had a little rain today, it was great riding in the rain!

smileyRain.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
we had 8" of snow two weeks ago (though it melted off in a couple of days, thanks marine climate!).. and I've had the opportunity to ride 4x in the last week. Took every one of them and l loved how lucky i felt. shortest was a quick blast wednesday night after work because my daughter asked for a ride and had done good on her homework. longest was a beautiful 3 hour local back road exploration session last saturday, including about 15 miles of gravel secondary roads that looped back closer to my place than I had expected.. l've lived and driven all over here 20+ years and love finding new routes to ride right in my own back yard! Can't wait till the weather gets warmer overall, I'm tired of driving the truck to work.. too much $$.. ;-)
next project has to be getting the motor rebuilt on my '82 XL500R so I can really explore more of the gravel roads around here. the NC is good enough for a gentle pace of exploration, but the weight and street tires do make it a bit dodgy in the gravel... I'd like to make a loop at least a hundred miles long (or a full tank anyway) that starts and ends at my house and has less than 20% pavement.

we had 8" of snow two weeks ago (though it melted off in a couple of days, thanks marine climate!).. and I've had the opportunity to ride 4x in the last week. Took every one of them and l loved how lucky i felt. shortest was a quick blast wednesday night after work because my daughter asked for a ride and had done good on her homework. longest was a beautiful 3 hour local back road exploration session last saturday, including about 15 miles of gravel secondary roads that looped back closer to my place than I had expected.. l've lived and driven all over here 20+ years and love finding new routes to ride right in my own back yard! Can't wait till the weather gets warmer overall, I'm tired of driving the truck to work.. too much $$.. ;-)
next project has to be getting the motor rebuilt on my '82 XL500R so I can really explore more of the gravel roads around here. the NC is good enough for a gentle pace of exploration, but the weight and street tires do make it a bit dodgy in the gravel... I'd like to make a loop at least a hundred miles long (or a full tank anyway) that starts and ends at my house and has less than 20% pavement.

8.jpgWe had a little rain today.

smileyRain.jpg

Weather.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Back