• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Yes, yes, let's talk about the weather.

That is one thing about the heat. My first summer in Arkansas was in 2013. From what I hear I was lucky as we only had a small amount of days in the 100F + range. Mainly 90-97F. Wearing full gear in that was quiet a choir. My clothes were wet from the summer drives home where I stay dry in a constant downpour. Plus my suit gets nasty a lot faster. I lived in Louisiana in 2000-2003. Summers there just plain sucked. I found myself not wearing my suit bottoms because I could barely handle the heat.

In a perfect world we hover around 80F. I guess I need to move to Hawaii.

Move to LA.
then if you can manage it, get a cushy job as a weatherman.
Then practice saying "Today will be just like yesterday except a little [coin flip] cooler!" (or "Today will be just like yesterday except a little [coin flip] warmer!")

I was all set to ride into work tomorrow for the first time. The low in the morning was going to be around 35F and the high was going to be around 47F. Well, it is snowing now! There went those plans. :mad:

I know some of your guys hate us talking about the weather but who else can we tell. My wife don't care. LOL. The ride home from work yesterday was great. 65F and a little windy. I left work at 3PM and made it home by 4:30PM. I'm only 30 minutes from the house so you do the math. Couldn't help it. Best day we've had for a bit.

I rode 65 miles to the mill I am working at today. Drizzle and 50F. Didn't mind the drizzle and it was actually a refreshing ride. Supposed to be sunny and 60F this afternoon so hope for a much further ride home if I get away at a decent time. :)

Unfortunately they won't give me extra mileage allowance for the NC taking me on the great circle route. :(

But then again I am getting paid mileage to ride my NC so it is mostly good. :)

Man the winds were killer today. It was one of those days when I was happy I made it to work in one piece. Gusts were slowing me down almost 5mph and knocking me out of the lane. Be safe out there.

a few fresh inches of snow this morning...

10-15mph winds, windchill near 0...

Dreading having to go clear the driveway.... with that kind of wind it is basically a guarantee that the snow after being thrown off by the blower will blow back on top of me (it's like smoke around a campfire, no matter where you sit it will blow in your face.)

We had beautiful weather at work yesterday, but I drove the Coach House van so I could pick my boys up at their mothers. Still a good day since I got my boys.

The last two years I could ride at least twice a week.this year winter won't give me a break.either 10 below or snow.Thursday was all melted and roads finally drying.I was thinking of riding sat,then bam,4 more inches of snow.its been 4 weeks now since I sat on it.I am not handling this well at all.

Wowsa! Took a maint. ride today, about 100 miles and the word windy doesn't even begin to describe it :D Still a good ride tho, but I really had to pay attention.

Wowsa! Took a maint. ride today, about 100 miles and the word windy doesn't even begin to describe it :D Still a good ride tho, but I really had to pay attention.

I hear ya. Just got back myself. Not sure how far I went but I was out in it for about 5 hours. I was out geocaching so a lot of stop and go and most of it not on interstate. I could still tell though.

I promise I will only do this once a winter. We have been mid to high 70's all last week. Today we may hit 80 F. Since it is a holiday I am heading out for a ride. ed

I promise I will only do this once a winter. We have been mid to high 70's all last week. Today we may hit 80 F. Since it is a holiday I am heading out for a ride. ed

thats right rub it in when the rest of us trying to keep our nads warm:(;)

It was 65F in the Little Rock area today so me and the wife took advantage and rode about 150 miles. Ate lunch, did some shopping, and lots of sight seeing.

17 degrees F on the way to work this morning.

Man we weren't that cold but the dang wind was terrible. My neck was tired by the time I got to work from trying to hold it straight. LOL. Your a better man than me. My limit is 20F. Call me what you will but that is where I call it quits.

yesterday walked into my shed minus 2 degrees
not-available.gif

a little warmer today but still cold.

Back