• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Yes, yes, let's talk about the weather.

This weekend was nice, I took Maint. rides both days and had a good time. Bought these Saturday and they worked out real well :D

JoeRocket.com[Cold_Weather]

The one thing I have not gotten down to an art is using the wiper blade on the thumb. You have to have your hand tilted just right or your are really just wiping water off with the glove and not the blade. My gloves have the same thing and I have not mastered it yet. It's not from lack of trying either. I don't shy away from the rain.

My gloves don't have those fancy wipers. Not that I would be coordinated enough to use them anyway. I just stick my head into the wind and the raindrops slide off.
I bet the cage drivers are thinking, what is that nut doing.

Last time I rode in the rain, it was a monsoon, literally puddles 6 to 8 inches deep across the whole road. I was sitting at a red light and the cute little blonde in the car next to me was looking at me like I was crazy, that made me laugh, then she knew I was crazy :D

My NCX likes rain and does a rain dance on the way out the driveway. Not a cloud in the sky, but I'm getting rained on LOL

I seen this little wiper thing at ironpony,it slides on your thumb to wipe your shield, not sure how well it would work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

My gloves don't have those fancy wipers. Not that I would be coordinated enough to use them anyway. I just stick my head into the wind and the raindrops slide off.
I bet the cage drivers are thinking, what is that nut doing.

My head is always in the wind, front of the visor doesn't blow clean until I look left or right, I suspect the cages think I'm planning on changing lanes all the time when it rains...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Whew. The winds were horrendous today. The gusts slowed me down almost a full 5mph when traveling at 70mph. Of course they were hitting me at an angle which made it even more fun. I’m pretty sure if I had strings like a kite I could have lifted off the ground. Glad to be at work. I wouldn’t want to ride in that anymore than the 30 minutes it takes me to get here.

Whew. The winds were horrendous today. The gusts slowed me down almost a full 5mph when traveling at 70mph. Of course they were hitting me at an angle which made it even more fun. I’m pretty sure if I had strings like a kite I could have lifted off the ground. Glad to be at work. I wouldn’t want to ride in that anymore than the 30 minutes it takes me to get here.

6.jpg

Seems like the strong winds have taken the entire county this morning. Winds sure can make motorcycling uncomfortable.

SmileyOneEyeTounge.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Being on the south end of city of Chicago, IL. Lake effect snow usually does not reach this far. But the winds are carrying the moisture much further south than usual. Hasn't stopped snowing since New Years Eve. We have a foot on the ground, and 8 more inches predicted before 5pm Central time.

Being on the south end of city of Chicago, IL. Lake effect snow usually does not reach this far. But the winds are carrying the moisture much further south than usual. Hasn't stopped snowing since New Years Eve. We have a foot on the ground, and 8 more inches predicted before 5pm Central time.

My in-laws live in central Illinois and they were getting 3-5 inches last night. Seems like a lot of snow falling early on in the season this year.

Gale Crater, Mars. Rover Environmental Monitoring Station on Curiosity.

Max high today: -29* C

Winnepeg Manitoba Canada

Max high today: -30* C

lol

I have about 1 1/2 '' of snow on the ground and the temperature is 23f. This snow just screwed my ride to work tonight.:mad:

Back