• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Yes, yes, let's talk about the weather.

since i bought the bike -there was practically no single day without the rain in NE. it's been like this for a month with no end in sight. all i got is few hundreds miles on it and they already stop the production of the bike(which will lead to the price drop of whatever left). not to mention lack of parts and mods. what a great deal! i got it all right-the weather and the great deal on this clunker!

since i bought the bike -there was practically no single day without the rain in NE. it's been like this for a month with no end in sight. all i got is few hundreds miles on it and they already stop the production of the bike(which will lead to the price drop of whatever left). not to mention lack of parts and mods. what a great deal! i got it all right-the weather and the great deal on this clunker!

There is no "wrong" weather (as we say here), there is only "wrong gear/clothes".
:p

all i got is few hundreds miles on it and they already stop the production of the bike(which will lead to the price drop of whatever left). not to mention lack of parts and mods. what a great deal! i got it all right-the weather and the great deal on this clunker!

Really?

A *rumoured* slight bump up in displacement next year, immediately equals to you, some kind of drastic drop in perceived second hand value? If you've only put on a couple hundred miles, why are you so concerned about resale value anyway?

I also wouldn't equate this as a "stop the production of the bike" way of describing the situation. I would be extremely skeptical about Honda suddenly changing everything on the bike so no parts from any previous models fit new ones.

Lack of parts and no mods? Whaaaaat? There are a lots of parts, accessories and mods available for these bikes, and only more will continue to appear as time goes by.

"Clunker?" :confused: This bike has been voted Motorcycle of the Year, Bike of the Year, given much praise by many professional journalists such as the late Kevin Ashe, to name but one.

How does your opinion merit a "clunker" appellation being given to a bike you have barely ridden because of some rain?

Hey, your views are your views, and I am perfectly fine that you have this take on things, but I totally don't understand *how* you come up with it.

I mean if you are going out of your way to try and talk yourself into getting rid of the bike and get something else just 'cause you don't like it, no prob! I just don't agree with how you came to that conclusion, that's all. No offense meant on my part, I assure you.

First day of white death.2 inches with ice.will be gone by weekend back in the 50.they say if you don't like the weather in Ohio,stay another day.

sent from a keyboard in the frunk

We don't have snow in Arkansas but we have terrible winds today. I was all over the road. Especially in the places where you go from a tree barrier to openness. Big cold front coming in today. Tomorrow will be a test for me. Supposed to get down to 25F. Well see if I'm up to the challenge.

Weather in AZ. , is terrible, we had 91* for a high on Monday and over nite low was 74*. :cool: We pay for it during the summer months, but fall is great.

There is no "wrong" weather (as we say here), there is only "wrong gear/clothes".
:p

Snow.jpg

Respectfully disagree.

Yes that is a photo of a road, you can see where it is supposed to be because of the street signs... This is the photo from the morning after the storm, the day before, we were parked in the same spot the picture was taken from, and had to call around to see if there was a hotel in that town because all of the roads leaving town were closed. When the AWD cage can't get through I fear to think of how the 1 wheel drive NC would handle the situation.

Hopefully this winter is a bit kinder than that one was.

View attachment 10018

Respectfully disagree.

Yes that is a photo of a road, you can see where it is supposed to be because of the street signs... This is the photo from the morning after the storm, the day before, we were parked in the same spot the picture was taken from, and had to call around to see if there was a hotel in that town because all of the roads leaving town were closed. When the AWD cage can't get through I fear to think of how the 1 wheel drive NC would handle the situation.

Hopefully this winter is a bit kinder than that one was.

The only thing I like about snow is skiing on it.

We have the worst November storm ever rolling in here right now. The winds are a blowing. Heck. I might even put on a jacket, it's almost 50 degrees and might get to 44 tonight. Glad I don't live in the world of the snow birds.

Supposed to get down to 23 here tonight. Today was the first day this fall that it actually felt like winter might be around the bend. Time to break out the Gerbings heated gear I guess.

Supposed to get down to 23 here tonight. Today was the first day this fall that it actually felt like winter might be around the bend. Time to break out the Gerbings heated gear I guess.

25F tomorrow morning in Little Rock. Just put my liner in my jacket and charging my new gloves now. Ready for tomorrow.

If you still have the stock tires be careful.i noticed the other day when it was colder out they don't stick as well.

sent from a keyboard in the frunk

It's been consistently below freezing here for the last couple weeks. Bikes went "away" on the weekend, and the windshield scrapers made their debut appearance this morning. The block heater will be on in full force tomorrow. I swear the block heater in my truck must be the size of a stove element, the needle is well off the stop after an hour of plug-in time.

When I went down in Alaska, I had to buy a truck to get Nana Chou home. When the folks around here see that plug for the block heater hanging out of the front of the truck I purchased in Alaska, I get the same question from each and every one. "Is that some kind of new electric truck?" Us Texans like our pickups, but no electric pickups yet.

Back