• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Yes, yes, let's talk about the weather.

Cool report Sgt. Chuck. There is always something gratifying about skirting the weather while riding. The feeling of a little victory over Mother Nature. She always gets even at some point though. ;)

Cool ride, SgtChuck!

For those who ride in leather like I do many times, do you mind if your leather gets significantly wet? Do you accept/agree with/buy into the notion that leather's protective properties are permanently 'damaged' by being wet?

Seems to hold up on cattle pretty well in the rain. :D

Cool report Sgt. Chuck. There is always something gratifying about skirting the weather while riding. The feeling of a little victory over Mother Nature. She always gets even at some point though. ;)

Isn't that the truth? I've been pretty lucky this summer. I've only driven my jeep to work once since March 4th. In that time I've only ridden in the rain probably 7 times. That's not bad considering we are talking over 100 days of consecutive riding. It seems to start or stop just prior to me riding. Plenty of wet roads but not much rain. I'm not complaining.

We have those pop up thunder boomers a lot around here - usually in the afternoon. It's a good thing I don't mind getting wet!
My water-proof riding boots should come in today! I'm excited to get new gear.

How to predict weather in Colorado.

They are very seldom correct on their forecasts. It will be very nice and sunny in the morning but there is always a chance of rain in the afternoon. From light showers to heavy thunderstorms with hail the size of golf balls.

010.jpg

Well it's been ridiculously, unusually hot and sunny here for weeks and weeks on end, not a smidgeon of rain. One of the best summers ever recorded here, I believe.

My two week holiday started monday. Take a wild stabbing guess at what the weather did all day yesterday and today. Forecast is also rain for nearly every single place I want to ride, for a 4,000 km trip.

Lol. :rolleyes: Oh well, at least I'm not stuck in my office cubicle.

Ride, Wolf Rider, ride!*

*see the video in the bar, heh heh

Well it's been ridiculously, unusually hot and sunny here for weeks and weeks on end, not a smidgeon of rain. One of the best summers ever recorded here, I believe.

My two week holiday started monday. Take a wild stabbing guess at what the weather did all day yesterday and today. Forecast is also rain for nearly every single place I want to ride, for a 4,000 km trip.

Ride, Wolf Rider, ride!*

I am sorry to hear that. Hopefully it will just add to your adventure and will be a memorable trip. Keep us informed of your trip.

Cheers,

Mike

Ride, Wolf Rider, ride!*

I bet you'll have a good time!

Ride, Wolf Rider, ride!*

You live in Vancouver. You know what they call a day of sunshine that follows 2 days of rain........ Monday. Taking vacation keeps Monday from being different.

We hit 52F a couple mornings this week. It's a harsh reminder that winter is quickly approaching. Time to get the cold weather gear out and pre'd for the season.

Since I work 3rd I have been riding home in 48 degree temps.during the day its 75 which is the perfect riding weather here.

rather not talk about the weather ,I got a 400 mile run from sw Scotland to sw Ireland with a severe weather warning in place tomorrow...still went to a farm supply shop and bought a pair wellies and a bib braces from there `filthy weather` brand ..much better than motorbike gear imo..I wear the protective stuff underneath.

There is no such thing as bad weather --- only bad gear. ;)

I keed, I keed!

Since I got my Olympia gear, I won't ride in snow or below 30 degrees. Before that, I wouldn't ride in the rain or below 60 degrees. It really is amazing that I waited so long to get good gear. I cheated myself out of years of poor weather riding.

I got my first taste of winter this season. A little sleet and ice on the roads this morning. It's that time of year.

20141113_050707.jpg

That could make for some treacherous riding. Slow down and stay upright until the weather changes for you. Glad I live on the south Oregon coast. During this cold snap hitting a large part of the nation our temps are staying in the 50's, with only rain to contend with. And in the summer we look at temps between 65-75. I love it, but know it's not for everyone.

Ok, enough with the early winter stuff already! Louisville is supposed to be high 50s in November not 21 degrees. Anyone on the Gulf Coast need an instructional designer, time to keep moving south.

Back