• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

XM radio

I have it in my car and love the service,been thinking about adding it the the bike.I think some of the Zumo GPS units have the ability to work as a XM receiver.

YMMV based on what you like to listen to. I had a buddy in San Diego that had it installed on his dirt bike, he wouldn't ride anywhere without it. I have had it in the car and rarely listen to it.

My issues is the targeted channels. You have to select something (like classic rock) and that's all you get. Over the years I have slowly moved over to Pandora via my phone because I can create stations and seed them with whatever I want, like rockabilly and outlaw country or a 90s punk and hip-hop.

If you do pull the trigger never pay full fare. You should get some free time with whatever radio you buy. Once that time gets close to ending XM will start calling you. Tell them it's not worth the $15 a month but you would happily give them $5. They have a 5/6 month promo (based on whatever offer they have open) for $25 that retention can offer. I have yet to pay more than $50/yr for the service.

I got XM radio a VERY long time ago, then took a leap of faith and paid up for a life-time subscription when they were running low on funds, it has since paid for itself many times over. I have a Zumo and they key is NOT to have the antenna right next to the unit, on my moto is mounted on the opposite side on the brake fluid cover. I liked the old style of radios where you could program to alert you when a song or singer, came on a channel (that you weren't listening to), now if I don't like the song, I do a quick search of my favorite channels and hit enter when I see one that I like, which may either be just starting or just finishing.

Back in the day, I used to run XM radio on my ST. Worked OK... Used a small 4 channel headphone amp to amplify the line level audio output to a pair of earphones. I don't run this configuration on the NC but I have adapters so I can still use my old Roady XT receiver in my two cages, the toy hauler, and a portable box.

MC_XMRadio.jpg

Portable configuration with 2.1 speaker system built in to a Rubbermaid container lid. Everything is affixed to the lid and is stored by putting the lid back on the container.
IMG_2195.jpg

Back