• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Winter storage question.

ride it monthly or more. no storage needed. yeah, I'm in Arizona now but have always done, even in Chicago winters.

So you probably put yours in storage in the summer? Just joking with you, really, but I know I wouldn’t ride in the Arizona summer time.

Seriously, your suggestion is valid. I ride year round in Illinois, even if only a day or maybe two a month in the dead of winter, so I don’t put it the motorcycles “away.”

Last edited:
Does anyone add oil to the cylinders for winter storage? The Honda recommendation is to remove spark plugs, add 15-20 cc (tablespoon) of engine oil, cover spark plug holes with rag and crank engine several revolutions to distribute oil. Reinstall spark plugs. https://motorcycle.honda.ca/Content...enericContent_FFH/winter-storage-guide-EN.pdf
No. I charge the battery, leave it in the bike. Add fuel stabilizer (or sometimes not). If the engine is carbureted, drain the carb bowl. Come back months later and ride. Adding oil to the cylinders is way overthinking this, unless you were putting the engine away for years, not months.

I own about 20 engines, give or take. Some are run weekly, some only once or twice per year. A few simple steps keeps them all operating perfectly, and they run whenever I need them to. No need to overthink or overwork the storage aspect.

Skidoo seems to think fogging the motor is a good Idea because my '22 Extreme has an electronically controlled fogger that I use every year and my last snowmobile had one also, plus I fill the tank and add fuel stabilizer. Batteries like being charged all the time also.

Put in Seafoam. Cover it. Come back in March and ride. That's all I've been doing for years with multiple bikes, and I live in Minnesota.

Back