• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Windshield combo

tew47

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone tried a combo with a givi shield and the small stock windshield? I mean mounting the stock shield on the givi with about two to three inches higher on the givi. I guess the best way to mount it is to drill holes in both. Just maybe it would be a little more quiet. I know if it doesn't work both shield will have holes in then.

tew47

Try twisted throttle's website they have windshield add ons that can either drill holes in your shield or clip onto the top. I am considering one of those before headed on my next long trip. The Honda tall windshield works good keeping the wind off just makes things noisey at my height.

Try twisted throttle's website they have windshield add ons that can either drill holes in your shield or clip onto the top. I am considering one of those before headed on my next long trip. The Honda tall windshield works good keeping the wind off just makes things noisey at my height.

The screen you are talking about is from MRA and it is called the X-creen. Dimensions: approximately 15" wide x 6" tall.

MRA X-creen Add-On Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade (bolt-on) - TwistedThrottle.com

The standard kit is a bolt-on application. You can order the kit with the addition of a clamp like this if you do not want to drill holes into your screen.

MRA X-creen Add-On Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade (clamp-on) - TwistedThrottle.com

We recently added a "Sport" version of the X-Creen. It includes both the bolt-on and clamp-on hardware in the same kit. Dimensions: approximately 10" wide x 4" tall.

Both of the screens are available in clear or smoke.

Kev

Attachments

• phpo6ZWHv.jpg
    phpo6ZWHv.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,516
  • xcs_0_d_web.jpg
    xcs_0_d_web.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,268
tew47,
Sounds like you are talking about the Laminar Lip. It attaches with Velcro, no drilling or holes necessary, can be mounted in multiple positions. Comes in colorless or tinted. Less expensive than MRA products.
Try it, you may like it!

I have a givi windshield and the stock Honda windshield. I was thinking of attaching the stock Honda on the givi windshield so the stock shield would be several inches higher than the givi windshield.

I wouldn't use it for a permanent application, but some high strength double stick tape might be the best way to try the idea out. Stick it, test it to make sure the bond is strong enough, then go for a test ride and see how it works. You can then take it back apart and either try again with a different amount of overlap/height or, If you like it, then go ahead and drill for permanent mounts. If you don't like the way it works, all you have to do is some pain in the rear tape removal.:)

Bob

Think I will try a couple of C clamps first and see how it works. Cheaper than buying another windshield. Will let you know how it works.

I mounted a Givi Airflow spoiler to my NCX, but I used an aluminum plate instead of the OEM shield. Here's the thread with pics.

If you're talking about mounting the stand alone Givi windshield to the OEM shield (the small one, not the Honda touring metal base) then I'm not sure how that would work. I can't imagine that would be sturdy enough to be safe. I also don't think the curves would conform to each other without a lot of heat and bending.

Any chance you would post a pic of what you're asking? You could hold them in place with some blue painter's tape, just don't ride it like that, hehehe.

Has anyone tried a combo with a givi shield and the small stock windshield? I mean mounting the stock shield on the givi with about two to three inches higher on the givi. I guess the best way to mount it is to drill holes in both. Just maybe it would be a little more quiet. I know if it doesn't work both shield will have holes in then.

tew47

You could try one of these Wind Deflector All Items For This Bike | BMW Wunderlich America
I have one on my Honda Touring windscreen and it works great. No drilling required.. just clamp it on. It is very adjustable.

It saved me from having to go to another windscreen, now my Honda Touring screen is just fine with no buffeting or wind noise.

Back