• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Why did you choose your NC?

My choices were between NC700x & CB500x. I need an upright seating position, am a new large rider & not ready to break the bank.

I went to see a 500x, they had a gently used 700x, the price was right, & I went home with it.

Addendum to my earlier post:

Things I like about the NC700XD (DCT):

• Honda Reliability, Reputation, Build Quality, etc...
• The wide selection of accessories available, both Honda and aftermarket, which makes customization very easy to make it your own.
• The Styling, looks like a real motorcycle, not like a spaceship or something a Power Ranger would ride.
• The "Frunk", I got a place to put my helmet when I stop somewhere and a place to buy my items afterwards.
• 3 different modes to drive it in, (D-Mode. S-Mode, & MT-Mode).
• Rider "Manual Overrides" at anytime using the "Paddles".
• Quicker off the line because of no need to shift.
• The ability to "Set it & Forget It", if that's desired.
• The ability to decide how much I want to interact with the bike.
• Low Center of Gravity, which make it maneuverable.
• Great acceleration for having a single throttle body.
• Superior fuel efficiency, sips fuel at highway speeds.
• Easy to work on, you can perform your own work on must maintenance items.
• Good Ergonomics.
• Easy to ride.

Things I dislike about the NC700XD (DCT):

•The stock seat, my butt would hurt after about 20 minutes of riding.
• OEM Tires, especially the Metzeler Roadtec Z8s. Terrible cornering traction.
• D-Mode, especially at lower speeds like drive around in the city. Being "Strong-armed" in 6th gear at 40 MPH and the engine lug when cracking the throttle. You have to "Full Throttle It" to get it downshift into a gear where it should be at in the first place.
• Removal of a lot of plastic pieces in order to work on it and all the plastic fasteners used.
• Did not come with a center-stand as "Standard Equipment".
• Chain drive.

Things that I would to see.

• Multiple "Sport Modes" options or a "Learn" feature where the rider can set their desired shift points in both up and down.
• More color options. Other countries had some better options in this areas then the US.
• Both an engine and air temperature gauges.
• MPG readouts, Instant MPG, AVG MPG, and Distance to Empty.
• Replace all the plastic fasteners with button head cap screws with capture nuts.
• All around LED Lighting.
• 4 Gallon fuel tank.
• Reflective side graphics.
• Belt drive.

Last edited:
My wife picked mine. I wanted something else, but she said she would not ride on the one I wanted. Happy wife, happy life.

One day I was at work, and said to my boss....I wish there was a bike that you didn't have to shift, had a trunk space like a scooter, and was reliable and got good gas mileage. 2 weeks later I realize this had been out two years. I knew pretty much right away I was going to buy it and a month later I did. I've since put 11,000 miles on it. Love it.

Pros: No vibration, Great on gas, shockingly fast getting around when you don't have to shift. Commuting!!!

Cons: Not truly an "ADV" bike but more of an Adventure bike...like Adventure the world on pavement or gravel, On that topic...suspension is harsh off-road but great on-road, nothing else.

I have ridden many motorcycles and I truly believe this bike is the best motorcycle you could buy if you wanted to commute or not have a car. I know because I didn't have a car and it did wonderful for me.

I traded my scooter for a "real" bike" .
I came to this site for a weekend and went back and bought the NC on Monday.
2,500 miles, $4,200.

Good - price, reliability, mpg, looks, easy valve adjustments
Bad - original chain, tires, windscreen, seat and my timing chain tensioner broke

Was looking at a new Wee-strom for twice the price. The NC won out.

The reasons I purchased my NCX was.

Honda made a bike for the way I like to ride, with good fuel mileage in mind and a seating position that I prefer.

Before they brought this out, I had a GL1200 that averaged 38 mpg the way I ride.
I told myself, if a company made a bike that would average 50 mpg the way I ride, with ergonomics that I could work with, I would buy it.

I knew no one would make the perfect bike for me, but this bike came the closest. The reasons why I chose the NCX was
Fuel mileage, standard riding position, valve maintenance and low center of gravity.
Over the last 36000 miles, my NC is averaging 61.9 mpg and gets loaded like a pack mule, ridden hard and sometimes way faster than I should.

I checked out the DL650 and liked it, but I have owned top heavy bikes in the past and prefer not having one again.
I'm still on the fence with a DR650 or CR250F, but the NC has a home for a few hundred thousand miles.

The things I don't like.
Too much plastic! If I prefer none myself. Thirty years from now, I'm betting it will be falling apart like my old GL.
Lee's R75 comes to mind! That is one beautiful bike and I would definitely give up the trunk if Honda made the NC like that beauty.

Number two on the list is the 3.7 gallon tank. I would have been a lot happier if Honda would had given the NC a 5+ gallon tank with a smaller trunk.
It's easier to add luggage than to enlarge the tank, but I haven't gave up on the idea.

Did someone say plastic falling off?
This was at the Horizon's Unlimited meet this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_20151009_170617.jpg
    IMG_20151009_170617.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
I knew right away what it was because it's what I traded in to get my NC.
It took a lot of "work" to get it like that!

I can agree with all the answers and add: NO CHROME
Not that I mind chrome but I live down a gravel road and its hard work keeping it nice:mad:

I wanted to get back to a twist-n-go bike like the Honda Silver Wing I had for two years and 21,000 miles. The BMW G650GS that followed the SWing I only rode 12,000 mile in 3 years. My Pacific Coast 800, my Dream (nightmare) Bike, 2,400 miles in 2 years. I narrowed my choices down to a Suzuki Burgman 650, I read every post about the CVT transmission on the Burgman650 forum, and the NC. BerndM on this list who owned a BMW R1200GS and a Burgman 650 convinced me me the NCXD was the way to go. The first ride on the standard shift NC had me sold.

MPG
Frunk
Price
Usable Power
Twin Cylinder Sound
Honda Reliability

Seat
No ABS for manual model
Seat
Chain Drive
Seat

It was either between this or the FZ09. I thought long and hard about it and realized I'm getting older and I'm done seeing how fast I can get everywhere. I wanted a practical commuter with good gas mileage. The frunk was a huge draw as well.

I'm a little late replying to this thread but I knew because I knew (if that makes any kind of sense). It had Honda reliability which I needed with a kid on the way and it seemed like a "do-all" kind of bike. I could throw some TKC80's and have a little bit of fun off road or I could put PR4's on it and ride 12k miles on the pavement with no worries. My (bad) luck would have it that I actually ended up purchasing a K1200GT rather than the NC (this was back in 2012 shortly after the NC was released but practically none were available from the dealer). Rode that bike a couple thousand miles before I started having highway stalling issues. The bike nearly killed me. But my god it was a beast when it worked right (like any other German product, right?!) Ditched it and then finally bought the NC like I should have in the first place. I now have two kids but have put 13k miles on it in a year. Of course, it's been trouble free and has been the "do-all" bike I need in this time of my life.

Back