• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Which transmission does your NC700/750 have?

Which transmission does your NC700/750 have?

• Mine has a manual, and I'm pleased with it

Votes: 63 57.8%
  • Mine has a DCT, and I'm pleased with it

Votes: 39 35.8%
  • Mine is a manual, but now I wish it was a DCT

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Mine is a DCT, but now I wish it was a manual

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I bought DCT mainly so I could get ABS

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I bought manual because DCT is not sold here

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Mine is DCT because I had no choice (such as Integra)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I purchased DCT since my previous riding was on scooters (larger/highway speed ones) and I am not comfortable using gears.

And now I have ABS too. What a great side benefit!

Last edited:
Got the manual. I'm pleased with it. Wished it would have come with ABS here in the States, but I wasn't ready for an extra $2K in price and to be forced to get the DCT to get ABS. When I wear this one out if I get another I may get the DCT, we'll see.

Manual comes standard with ABS in Aus. running out brand new 2013 $6.5k au which is a decent buy here.

I have the manual and am pleased with it. Like others have already posted, I would've liked the option to get ABS with the manual. Cannot understand Honda's policy to offer it in some parts of the world and not all parts.

+1

I've ridden bikes with ABS and bikes without. I'm OK with this bike not having it, but don't quite understand the logic to offer different flavors to some, but not all. Also have never ridden the DCT model but I prefer a clutch.

Don't miss the clutch. Each day I learn it more and more and what I can do with it. It's AMAZING having the DCT. I constantly use all the modes and find myself manually overriding certain things it does but that doesn't bother me at all. The most noticable thing it does badly is over-revving 2nd much higher than i'd like in S but a quick upshift override and all the rest does great!!!!!!!

Even been aggressevely riding it and learned I can down shift and brake hard and get the rear end to move a little which is fun coming from a Supermoto/dual sport background.

Don't miss the clutch. Each day I learn it more and more and what I can do with it. It's AMAZING having the DCT. I constantly use all the modes and find myself manually overriding certain things it does but that doesn't bother me at all. The most noticable thing it does badly is over-revving 2nd much higher than i'd like in S but a quick upshift override and all the rest does great!!!!!!!

Even been aggressevely riding it and learned I can down shift and brake hard and get the rear end to move a little which is fun coming from a Supermoto/dual sport background.

That's the name of the game with the DCT, finding your way you want to ride it.

Everyone here on this forum will have their option on how to ride your DCT mode, me included. Some like the "D-Mode" (a.k.a. Senior Citizen-Mode) and others like myself swear by the "S-Mode". I personally use all 3, sometimes all in the same day/ride. The best advice I could give anyone is to "Adjust to the riding condition and select the appropriate mode for those conditions.”

I find myself always using both the "+" and "-" paddles all the time. :cool:

That's the name of the game with the DCT, finding your way you want to ride it.

Everyone here on this forum will have their option on how to ride your DCT mode, me included. Some like the "D-Mode" (a.k.a. Senior Citizen-Mode) and others like myself swear by the "S-Mode". I personally use all 3, sometimes all in the same day/ride. The best advice I could give anyone is to "Adjust to the riding condition and select the appropriate mode for those conditions.”

I find myself always using both the "+" and "-" paddles all the time. :cool:

Sounds like you push buttons (DCT) and others pull levers (manual) to accomplish the same thing: have the bike in the gear you want it in.

I went with manual by choice, I prefer to choose my gears.
Do like having the gear position indicator, do like the reassuring clunk when I shift, pure Honda that, never owned one that didn't.

Back