• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Which NC7 do you ride?

What year is your NC7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It appears the bar colors repeat after green.

Yes, the colors repeat. Pretty crude bar graph but it is interesting that 9 out of 10 people have the 2016 DCT and only 3 out of 23 have the 2012 DCT. Price difference was minor for me on the 2015 DCT but I was only looking at the DCT. If I bought a bike with a standard clutch it would have been the Kawasaki Versys 1000 with more horsepower and better suspension. So, the Honda Crosstourer DCT is most likely my next bike.

Wow, 2016 (edit: and 2015) is a landslide for DCT so far. Honda got smart about the price and look what happened. I gotta believe that all the rave reviews for the Africa Twin DCT from all the traditional "I'll never ride an automatic motorcyle" reviewers have had an effect too.

Last edited:
670cc, or maybe the DCT is slowly gaining acceptance as more learn about it and trust the technology.

I think people are finally getting to where they understand it. They aren't seeing it as a "scooter" so much.
And then there's the growing realization that all you have to do is push a button to shift down if you need to.

Over here the DCT version cost only € 800 more than a standard one; in Germany € 1,000. And as said above: you actually get an auto and manual gear box in one, with easy auto override when needed. No-brainer!

Now it would be interesting to see who bought theirs new and who bought pre-enjoyed!

The same way it appears that just maybe as people got to see and hear how the DCT is holding up and is fun to ride that it became preferred, did some hear about the NC700X after it was out for a while and felt they must be reliable.

Who also had one and picked up another either in trading or selling their first NC and then getting a second one later.

I bought a Harley Davidson 1200 Custom Sportster on Labor Day weekend 2013 and by Memorial Day weekend 2013 totally had enough of it and was looking at what I could trade it in on.

Stopped by the Honda dealer and the owner showed my wife and myself the new 2013 Honda NC700X on the floor.

Then I went home and looked into the NC, which led me to the Versys and the VStrom in comparisons.

Liked the NC best, picked it up, and still enjoy riding it today.

This was back in September 2013.

God bless!!

Michael

I know it's late but I just got wind of this post. 2012 standard. I'm coming up on 40k miles nothing but maintenance and I got this motorcycle used with 5k miles a little over a year and a half ago

I knew I wanted ABS,on my next bike.
Saw the Nc's when they first came out.
So when I bought a new bike in 2015, it was DCT for me

Yeah I wanted ABS also but didn't want the DCT so no luck, oh well next time I guess, my non ABS has done a good job of stopping me even in those ohhh sh*t moments lol

I've got the 2012 NC700SA. It took me ages to realise that the 'A' stands for ABS. Now that I've ridden with ABS I wouldn't go back.
Bought it secondhand in Dec 2014, and it's red.

Back