• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Which NC do you really fancy?

Which model do you really fancy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.nc700-forum.com
Which NC model do you really fancy?

1. NCX manual
2. NCX manual + ABS
3. NCX Dual Clutch Transmission + ABS
4. NCS manual
5. NCS manual + ABS
6. NCS DCT + ABS
7. None of the above

And your reasons...
:p

Last edited:
Reasons for my choice for NCX manual + ABS.

I actually was first attracted by the DCT technology and wanted to test it out.
Then my head ruled over my heart, because in Switzerland we have many hilly and mountainous roads and having a DCT is "not natural" and it may cause me unnecessary accidents while going up or even down the mountains.

I know there is a manual mode, but I am still a manual shifter at heart.

All NC models in Switzerland comes equipped with ABS.

Ride safe
~Joe

It was a bad decision by American Honda to not offer ABS with the manual transmission. That decision should be changed as soon as possible.

ABS is a must have at this stage, with ever increasing numbers of road users. It provides a safety net, just in case. Honda should have made ABS standard on all the models. So here in SA, like USA, we only get the manual, no ABS, no S model so far.

I am guessing it is a cost-issue that US and maybe some other countries do not offer ABS.

I once written, not sure here, that the US people are fond of making classwide lawsuits against manufacturers when something fails or does not live up to expectations.

ABS is one such device which can cost Honda millions if it fails.
I hope this makes sense.

None of the above.
I like my NC700X, but it looks like a bug eyed alien. And I had to modify the seat and handlebars to keep it from killing my back with that hunched over racing style riding position. I'm not in a race and have no need to feel or look like I am.
The whole idea of the NC line was to have a common frame that could be used to make different style motorcycles by changing the body parts. So where is my cruiser version of the NC ? (And please don't try to make it look like a fake Harley.) In this case, by 'cruiser style' I mean: lower seat, more upright riding position, pull back handlebars, and a windshield that actually works for a tall person. And while you are at it, another gallon in the tank, please.

None of the above.
I like my NC700X, but it looks like a bug eyed alien. And I had to modify the seat and handlebars to keep it from killing my back with that hunched over racing style riding position. I'm not in a race and have no need to feel or look like I am.
The whole idea of the NC line was to have a common frame that could be used to make different style motorcycles by changing the body parts. So where is my cruiser version of the NC ? (And please don't try to make it look like a fake Harley.) In this case, by 'cruiser style' I mean: lower seat, more upright riding position, pull back handlebars, and a windshield that actually works for a tall person. And while you are at it, another gallon in the tank, please.

KGround,
You seem to have bought the wrong motorcycle for you. Honda tried to build one for you and it's called a CTX700. The NC concept was built as an adventure bike, a maxi scooter, a naked sport bike, and a cruiser. The scooter and sport versions are not available in the USA, but the cruiser is. Have you not heard of them? The CTX700 has been around for more than a year.

Here is the CTX Forum: http://www.ctx700-forum.com/forum/cmps_index.php

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back