• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Where to find the weight of different tires?

MZ5

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know of a place (website maybe?) that publishes the weights of various motorcycle tires? The Tire Rack has this data for nearly every tire they sell, but I haven't found such data/info for motorcycle tires anywhere. Thanks for any references or suggestions.

Checking the shipping weight maybe. I have two new rear tires that I could put on the digital scale if that would help.
One is a Shinko 705 150-70 -17 = 16.0#
The other is a Michelin Commander 2 160-70-17 = 18.4#
I never weighed the PR3/4 but they seemed noticeably lighter when I changed them.

Your idea is better than any I've come up with, turbo. Thanks.

As an aside, I'm away from home and my front tire is losing air. ...except for the one day it didn't... <sigh>

dennis kirk post a lot of specs on tires. not only weights, but acceptable rim width range and spec rim width.

you are right to look at tire weight. I do. You can often save up to 4 pounds of heavy rotating and unsprung weight. The performance benifits (in terms of acceleration and ride over bumps) of lightening up the tire are huge...

Back